THIS PRODUCT IS PROUDLY MADE IN INDIA
Germination tested on May, 2023
Quick 24 Hour Dispatch
Free Shipping for all orders above ₹499. Delivery in 5 to 7 business days
Capsicums are also known as bell peppers, banana capsicums, sweet peppers, green peppers, green bell peppers, green capsicums, banana capsicums, Simla Mirch, and Bhopli Mirchi. In one plant, 5 to 7 kg of green capsicum can be grown. The natural sugars in the green capsicum give it sweetness, even though it has low sugar content in nature. Green capsicum plants are about 2 to 3 feet tall when fully grown.
Specifications of green capsicum seeds
|Germination time||7-14 days|
|Hours of sunlight||6-8 hours per day, in full sun|
|Ideal climate||Warm and dry with a temperature range of 20-30°C|
|Plant height||2-3 feet|
|Fertilizer requirement||1 tablespoon of seaweed Extract granules fertilizer every two weeks, or Rhizobium nitrogen fixing powder applied at planting time|
|Life span||8-10 months|
|Harvesting time||60-80 days after transplanting|
|Maintenance required||Easy to moderate|
|Ideal grow bag size||12x12 grow bag, 12x24 grow bag, 24x24x12 rectangular grow bag, 36x24x12 grow bed,|
|Number of seeds||30+|
Benefits and uses of Green Capsicum
- Green capsicums are high in vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, fiber, B6, carotenoids, and folate.
- Green capsicum decreases heart disease risk by reducing cholesterol and helps lower homocysteine levels.
Planting and Care for Green Capsicum
- Digging out the soil and adding organic fertilizer and manure in the proportions of 50 percent soil, 20 percent peat moss, or 30 percent vermicompost is the first step before sowing the green capsicum crop. Mix the mixture thoroughly and then water the soil.
- There should be no excessive rainfall or humidity in the region.
- The pH level of the soil should be between 6 and 7.
- In columns, the spacing between green capsicum plants should be 18 to 24 inches or 45 to 61 cm apart, and in rows, the spacing should be 24 to 36 inches, or 61 to 91 cm apart.
Sowing Green Capsicum Seeds
- Cover the seed surface with soil after spreading the green capsicum seeds over it.
- Because the green capsicum seeds are very small, avoid seeding very deeply.
- Keep sprinkling water on it at least three times a week in the evening.
- Green capsicum seeds can be planted at any time during the year.
Growing Green Capsicum
- Sprinkle water over the green capsicum seeds after they have been sown to keep the seeds from drying out.
- The seeds will germinate within a week or ten days, and tiny sprouts will appear.
- Only after the seedlings have reached a certain size should they be transplanted to other grow bags.
- Until transplanting, make sure the developing bed or land is well-watered.
- After 20 days, feed the green capsicum plants with the proper amount and timing of organic manure vermicompost and fertilizer.
- Green capsicum thrives in a wide range of temperatures.
Harvesting Green Capsicum
- Green capsicum is harvested 55 to 60 days after transplanting the plant from one grow bag to another.
- Capsicum should be harvested first thing in the morning.
- The smooth and firm appearance of the capsicum fruit is a sign of fruit maturity.
- Following the harvesting of the plant's berries, the residue in the surrounding area should be swept.
- Each variety of capsicum plant yields a different amount of fruit.
- Until grading, the fruits are picked and thoroughly cleaned with a soft cloth after harvesting.
Precautions while Growing Green Capsicum
- Always be on the lookout for the first signs of an insect or fungal attack, as well as any other infections. As soon as any signs of such diseases are noticed, appropriate medicines should be sprayed on the plant.
- There should be no strong winds in the region. Low-lying areas, rivers, and streams should be avoided. The soil should be extremely porous, with a salinity of no more than 1 ms/cm.
Common Problems Affecting Green Capsicum Plants and Solutions
Pest and insect attacks can be avoided by providing a sufficient supply of water and manure to the soil in the necessary amounts, as well as good microbial treatment.
Over the summer, green capsicum plants should be irrigated with freshwater, which is supplied at the edges of the growing bed to compensate for water loss due to evaporation.
Aphids, thrips, whitefly, fruit borer, nematode, mites, and other pests are the most common pests of green capsicum plants. Damping-off, powdery mildew, Cercospora leaf spot, phytophthora, and other viral diseases are common diseases found on these plants. Pests and diseases around the greenhouse could be controlled with carefully selected chemical pesticides or insecticides.Physiological defects in the plant's fruit include blossom-end rot, sunscald, fruit splits, fruit splitting, fruit spots, misshapen fruit, and internal growth in the fruit. Both of these problems can be avoided by creating the best possible growing environment, adequately watering the plants, and preventing waterlogging in the roots of the green capsicum plant. For fungal infections, plants should be treated with Trichoderma Viride Bio Fertilizer and Pseudomonas Fluorescens Bio Fertilizer.
Botanical name: Capsicum annuum.
Organic Desi Tamil - பச்சை குடைமிளகாய் (pachai kudaimilagai)
Organic Desi Malayalam - പച്ച കാപ്സിക്കം (paccha kāpsikkam)
Organic Desi Kannada -దోన్నే మెనసు(donne menasui)
Organic Desi Telugu -ఆకుపచ్చ క్యాప్సికం(Ākupacca kyāpsikaṁ)
Organic Desi Marathi - हिरवी शिमला मिरची (hiravī śimlā miracī)
Organic Desi Hindi - हरी शिमला मिर्च (harī shimlā mirch)
Organic Desi Bengali - সবুজ শিমলা মরিচ (sabuj shimla morich)
No. of Green Capsicum Seeds - 30+
- Mix 10 grams of pseudomonas powder in water and make it as a loose paste. (optional)
- Add the seeds to the solution and soak it for 30 minutes. (optional)
- Take a seedling tray and fill it with our potting soil.
- Sow the seeds at 1/2 inch (small seeds) or 1 inch depth (big seeds) and water them using our watering can.(Rough watering or exposure to rain may dislocate the seeds and affect germination).
- The soil should be wet and it shouldn't get dry or soggy. Water when the top soil dries out.
- Place the seedling tray in a warm spot (15°C - 21°C) until germination (it will take 4 to 21 days).
- After germination seedlings need a lot of sunlight. Transfer the seedlings to the grow bags when they have 1 - 2 sets of true leaves.
All orders placed will be shipped within 24 hours (except on Sundays). Orders placed before 12pm will be shipped the same day.
Shipping is free for all orders above ₹499/-
Orders below ₹499 will incur a modest ₹49 shipping cost.
All orchids, fruit plants and flower plants ship for FREE. Please note that we might need up to 2-3 business days to properly prepare the plants and ship them.
Bulk fertilizers are also shipped for free.
Products will be shipped via DTDC, Delhivery or India Post and will be delivered within 5-7 business days.
COD is available PAN India for orders above ₹499 and only for selected non-perishable products. Extra COD charge will apply.
I purchased so many seeds on filpkart Amazon but this seeds are real too good
good news for all farmar.
I like it very much