THIS PRODUCT IS PROUDLY MADE IN INDIA
Germination tested on August, 2023
Quick 24 Hour Dispatch
Free Shipping for all orders above ₹499. Delivery in 5 to 7 business days
White Radishes, also called daikon radishes, grow dense, yellow-white tap roots that can reach 8-14 inches. The majority of radish grows underground. White radish is highly effective at breaking up shallow layers of compacted soils. Numerous growers have termed white Radishes "bio drills" or "tillage radishes." The benefits of growing white radish as a cover crop do not end there. As the roots die over the winter, they contribute nutrients and create channels, allowing the soil to dry out and warm up more faster in the spring. White radishes thrive in soil that has a pH range of 5.8-6.8.
Benefits/Uses of White Radish
- White radish contains anti-congestive properties that aid in mucus clearance from the throat and respiratory tract.
- White radishes are high in vitamin A, C, E, B6, potassium, and other minerals and can help improve your overall immunity.
- White radishes are high in potassium and can help maintain a healthy sodium-potassium balance in the body.
- White radish seeds are high in flavonoids, which can aid in the treatment or prevention of cancer.
- The use of white radish seeds as a digestive aid is one of their earliest applications. They have been used to aid digestion for centuries.
- Additionally, white radish seeds can be used to garnish soups and salads.
- White radish is well-known for its ability to protect our white blood cells while also increasing the blood's oxygen supply.
- Additionally, it controls bile intake, protects the liver and gall bladder, and prevents water retention.
- Ayurveda believes that radish has a cooling effect on the blood.
- It is a good source of anthocyanins, which help keep our hearts healthy and reduce our risk of cardiovascular disease.
- If you eat white radish in the summer, it's possibly because its high water content helps keep the body hydrated.
- If you drink white radish juice daily, you're providing your skin with particular nutrients to help it stay healthy, mostly Vitamin C, zinc, and phosphorus. Additionally, it helps prevent dryness, wrinkles, pimples, and rashes. Further, you can cleanse your face with radish paste. Additionally, when applied to the scalp, it aids in the removal of dandruff, prevents hair loss, and strengthens the root.
Specifications of White Radish Seeds
Radish, Daikon, biodrills, Tillage radishes
Even watering, about 1 inch per week.
55-65 degrees Fahrenheit optimal, can take 40-70 degrees depending on cultivar
Well-draining, prefers sandy loam, 65-70 pH
None. No, none is needed.
Planting and Care for White Radish
Sowing White Radish Seeds
- Radishes grow when planted outdoors, where they need at least six to eight hours of direct sunlight a day.
- A fast-draining, fertile, sandy or loamy soil with a soft, loose texture is ideal, with a soil pH ranging between 5.8 and 6.8.
- It prefers well-drained soils that have been loosened to a depth of at least 8 inches. Consistently moist soils promote even growth and avoid pithy roots.
- White radish varieties thrive when sown two to three weeks before the average last spring frost date when soil temperatures exceed 55 degrees Fahrenheit.
- They can sprout at temperatures ranging from 40 to 85 degrees.
- Inappropriate grow bags, sow the seeds 1/4 to 1/2 inch deep and 1 inch apart.
- Spring radish seeds germinate in three to four days under optimal conditions but can take up to ten days.
Growing White Radish
- After your seeds have germinated, thin them to a spacing of 2 inches.
- Mulch the area around your plants to discourage weed growth. Water often ensures optimal growth and flavor.
- Radishes need direct sunlight. Too much shade will devote all of their energy to leaf production rather than root growth. Assure that your radishes receive at least eight hours of direct sunlight.
- Radishes need consistency, even moisture. They dislike muddy conditions, but they do need plenty of water consistently. Maintain moist but not soggy soil.
- Radishes thrive in a well-draining, light sandy loam with a pH of between 6.5 and 7.0.
Harvesting White Radish
- So fast to mature that it takes just 25 days or less than a month.
- Harvest as soon as the radish reaches an inch in diameter.
- The dimensions are approximately six to eight inches long and up to three inches wide.
Precautions while Growing White Radish
- When preparing the soil, avoid using fresh manure, organic matter, or nitrogen-rich fertilizers. Excessively rich soil can promote lush vegetation to the detriment of crisp, tasty roots.
- Thin the radish seedlings to three-inch spacings when they reach around two inches in height. If the roots are not thinned, they may become shriveled and inedible.
- Radishes should be mulched with compost enriched with wood ashes. It not only deters root maggots but also aids in the soil's moisture retention, which differentiates between perfect and pitiful radishes.
- Consume water sparingly. If the soil becomes too dry, radishes bolt and become pithy and pungent, making it unfit for consumption. If the roots get too muddy, they may break and rot. Never allow the soil to dry out, but also avoid keeping it mucky.
Common Problems affecting White Radish Plants and Solutions
Aphids and root maggots can invade white radishes. With a screw, remove contaminated foliage. By and large, white radishes grow quickly enough that pests are not a problem.
Numerous species are responsible for small chips on the upper side of the ground portion of white radish. Slugs, woodlice, rodents, and even birds may cause this type of harm. If the scars are very shallow, they were most likely caused by the rasping mouthparts of slugs or woodlice. If fragments or bites have been taken, look for other giant creatures that could be the perpetrators. While row cover and mesh may act as a physical barrier between the pest and the crop, they must be applied roughly at planting time.
Numerous soil-dwelling insect larvae will wreak havoc on white radishes' underground parts. The root maggot, a tiny fly larva, is the primary adversary. Cover the newly seeded bed with a Lightweight Floating Row Cover to discourage adult root maggots from laying eggs. Drape the fabric over the seedbed before sowing, rather than after the seedlings emerge, to provide the best cover. The adult fly is attracted to the more damp soil of the planted bed.
The many tiny holes that appear to be shot through the leaves of white radishes are caused by flea beetles (and other crops). Prevent them by beginning the season with Lightweight Floating Row Covers. For sucking and biting pests, biopesticides are often recommended.
Radishes are disease-free to a large extent. Long radishes sometimes grow black roots, resulting in dark spots at the base of the roots. If this continues to be a problem in your garden, grow only round radish varieties.
No. of White Radish Seeds - 100+
- Mix 10 grams of pseudomonas powder in water and make it as a loose paste. (optional)
- Add the seeds to the solution and soak it for 30 minutes. (optional)
- Take a seedling tray and fill it with our potting soil.
- Sow the seeds at 1/2 inch (small seeds) or 1 inch depth (big seeds) and water them using our watering can.(Rough watering or exposure to rain may dislocate the seeds and affect germination).
- The soil should be wet and it shouldn't get dry or soggy. Water when the top soil dries out.
- Place the seedling tray in a warm spot (15°C - 21°C) until germination (it will take 4 to 21 days).
- After germination seedlings need a lot of sunlight. Transfer the seedlings to the grow bags when they have 1 - 2 sets of true leaves.
All orders placed (except live plants and bulk fertilizers) will be shipped within 24 hours (except on Sundays). Orders placed before 9am will be shipped the same day.
Shipping is free for all orders above ₹499/-
Orders below ₹499 will incur a modest ₹49 shipping cost.
All orchids, fruit plants and flower plants ship for FREE. Please note that we might need up to 5-7 business days to properly prepare the plants and ship them.
Bulk fertilizers are also shipped for free.
Products will be shipped via DTDC, Delhivery or India Post and will be delivered within 5-7 business days.
COD is available PAN India for orders above ₹499 and only for selected non-perishable products. Extra COD charge will apply.
All seeds giving me a fruitful result. Each radish seed has germinated and will yield result under my supervision.
mere ko 10 peks
I bought seeds 10 days before.
They have not germinated. How can I review with photos?