THIS PRODUCT IS PROUDLY MADE IN INDIA
Germination tested on Nov 19, 2021
Quick 24 Hour Dispatch
Free Shipping for all orders above ₹499. Delivery in 5 to 7 business days
Priority fast shipping options available
Long purple brinjal is a member of the nightshade family. The brinjal is a white-coloured fruit that is edible. The skin of the long purple brinjal is tough. Furthermore, because purple eggplants have a firm exterior, they are best roasted, steamed, or fried. When it comes to size, the long purple brinjal is the bigger of the two.
Benefits/Uses of purple long brinjal seeds
- The brinjal, often known as Eggplant, is high in vitamins and nutrients.
- Vitamins B1 and B6 are found in them.
- Potassium, copper, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, niacin, and folic acid are all present in significant amounts.
- The brinjal's incredible nutritional value makes it one of the most vital vegetables.
- They are pretty helpful in controlling blood sugar levels and glucose absorption. They are the best alternative for persons with type 2 diabetes.
- The Eggplant is beneficial to the heart since it lowers cholesterol levels to a large extent.
- It also aids in the control of blood pressure.
- Because of the potassium concentration in this vegetable, the body is also kept hydrated.
Specifications of purple long brinjal seeds
Purple long brinjal, Eggplant
Requires full sunlight in winter and partial sunlight in summer
Water on a regular basis
Between 250 - 320
well-drained, light, and nutrient-rich soil
7 to 14 days
5.5 – 6.6
No. of seeds
Planting and Care for Purple long Brinjal
Sowing Purple long Brinjal
- Select a seedling tray with medium-sized cells and bottom drainage holes.
- Moisten and pour the Coco Peat - Sieved & Washed Premium Quality into the cells.
- Seed each cell with two to three brinjal seeds. Brinjal seeds are pretty delicate; thus, avoid planting them too deeply.
- Lay the seeds on the medium's surface and gently push them inside using a pencil tip, ensuring that they are thoroughly submerged and protected by the coco - peat medium.
- Maintain the seedling tray indoors until the seeds germinate.
- For the first week, water the seeds with a spoon. Two teaspoons of water per day are plenty.
- After transferring the seeds into grow bags, protect them from rain and direct sunshine. Create a temporary roof for the bunk using the Garden Agro Shade Net 50% Shade UV Stabilized. It should be watered with a watering can shaped like a light shower.
Growing Purple long Brinjal
- Direct sunshine is ideal for growing brinjal plants.
- Brinjal plants flourish in moist, well-drained soil that is rich in organic matter. Before planting, add mature vermicompost or organic veg and fruit planting mix and change the soil to a depth of 12" (30 cm).
- Drape black plastic over the planting beds for 14 days to warm the soil before planting.
Harvesting Purple long Brinjal
- Harvesting the seed takes between 100 and 150 days, while transplanting takes between 70 and 85 days.
- They were harvesting immature brinjal plants until they had a pithy appearance.
- The brinjal plants are ready to harvest when the fruit is brilliant, firm, and full of colour.
- In brinjal plants, no seed is immature. Overripe fruits have hard, black grains.
- Brinjal plants that are not quite mature or that are overripe might be bitter.
- Remove brinjal plants from their stalks with a sharp shear or knife. Leave a tiny stem stub on the fruit.
Precautions while Growing Purple long Brinjal
- Always plant your crops in an organic vegetable and fruit mix or Cow Dung Manure - Dried and Powdered.
- Seeds should be sown in wet soil (Not damp or soil dripping with water)
- Maintain soil moisture by softly misting the soil in the morning and evening.
- Ensure that the germination bags are not exposed to direct sunlight until germination occurs.
- Summer temperatures can become too warm for the roots in hot summer areas; mulch plants four weeks after planting.
- When summer temperatures approach 100°F (37°C), cover brinjal plants with a Garden Agro Shade Net 50% Shade UV Stabilized.
Common Problems affecting Purple long Brinjal Plants and Solutions
- Cutworms, aphids, beetles, Colorado potato bugs, and spider mites can all harm brinjal plants.
- Aphids and flea beetles can be controlled effectively by handpicking or hosing them off the plant and pinching away affected sections. To treat the infestation, insecticidal soap or neem cakes may be employed.
- Spider mites are tough to eradicate; to do so, apply bio pest control for biting pests.
- Hornworms can be manually removed from plants or controlled using a biopest controller.
- Brinjal plants are susceptible to fungal and bacterial diseases. Use Phospho Bacteria Biofertilizer as a spray.
- Verticillium wilt can be detrimental to brinjal plants; spray leaves with compost tea to prevent and delay fungal infections.
- Infected plants should be harvested immediately to avoid the spread of disease to healthy plants.
- Practice crop rotation to protect the plants from illness transmitted by the soil.
No. of Purple Long Brinjal Seeds - 200+
All grow bags from Seed 2 Plant have a 5 years replacement guarantee. Yes, you heard that right. We are 100% sure about the quality of our grow bags that we offer no questions asked 5 years replacement guarantee.
If one of our grow bags got damaged under normal use within a 5 years period, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and ship the damaged grow bag. We'll replace the grow bag and the shipping cost will be refunded too.
How are we sure that our grow bags will last 5 years?
- Our grow bags are made of thick 220 gsm HDPE material.
- All our grow bags are UV treated, which means even exposed to strong sun rays, will not damage the product.
- Our stitching is unmatched. We make sure that each grow bags undergoes strict QA process before being sent to you.
All orders placed will be shipped within 24 hours (except on Sundays). Orders placed before 12pm will be shipped the same day.
Shipping is free for all orders above ₹499.
Orders below ₹499 will incur a modest ₹69 shipping cost.
Products will be shipped via BlueDart, Delhivery or India Post and will be delivered within 5-7 business days.
Priority Shipping is available at an extra cost of ₹179.
COD is available PAN India for orders above ₹499 and only for selected non-perishable products. ₹100 extra COD charge will apply.
Due to heavy rain, almost flood in my area, not trying to germinate the seeds. Looking like good seed to germinate.
Please don't keep the seeds in rain till the germination. Seeds get decay in water.
Thanks for your prompt action.
However I received the said seeds what due to temperature need I will sow in the last week of July.
Very good worth buying germinating successfully
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.