THIS PRODUCT IS PROUDLY MADE IN INDIA
Quick 24 Hour Dispatch
Free Shipping for all orders above ₹499. Delivery in 5 to 7 business days
Priority fast shipping options available
The passion fruit is a soft, berry-like, tropical fruit with a delectable, slightly tart flavor. The fruit is oblong and has tough skin. It has a yellow pulp with edible black seeds. At maturity (depending on the variety), the interior is soft to hard, juicy, and densely seeded. The most often consumed edible passion fruit is Grown worldwide, this fruit is egg-sized and filled with a deliciously tart, bright orange pulp. Passion fruit is a vigorous vine that can reach heights of over 20ft in a single year, particularly in the tropics. Passion fruit grows on a creeper vine that can wrap itself around almost any surface and cling to it in search of sunlight. However, do not be fooled by appearances; this fruit is commonly consumed throughout the world and has been for hundreds of years. There are over 500 varieties of passion fruit, each with its distinct appearance. They are usually yellow or dark purple and resemble grapefruit in form. The interior is densely packed with firm, juicy meat, and seeds. The fruit is juiced daily; it is often added to other juices to enhance the flavor and impart an exotic flavor.
Benefits/Uses of Passion Fruit
- Until recently, the majority of people were unaware that the immune-stimulating properties were due to the effects of vitamin C, carotene, and cryptoxanthin.
- The pulp and crunchy seeds of passion fruit contain 8% of the daily vitamin A requirement. It is essential for the maintenance of healthy eyes and cells, reproduction, and immunity.
- Passion fruit provides calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and folate to the body. These significantly benefit your kidneys, nerves, muscles, and heart rhythm.
- Passion fruit is high in antioxidants, which are substances that assist the body in removing harmful free radicals.
- Passion fruit is a low glycemic index (GI) tropical fruit. This ensures that it does not cause a significant rise in blood sugar following consumption, making it an excellent option for people with diabetes.
- Passion fruit is high in magnesium, a vital mineral associated with reduced stress and anxiety.
- Used to spice beverages, desserts, sauces, and a variety of other foods.
- Passion fruit's anti-inflammatory properties help to soothe our skin.
- Additionally, the fruit contains vitamin C. Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant that can neutralize free radicals and can help reduce the risk of cancer.
- Passion fruit peel extract has anti-inflammatory properties. These can help alleviate the symptoms of osteoarthritis.
Specifications of passion Fruit red and yellow seeds
Water deeply once a week
between 68 to 82 degrees
pH levels of 6.5 to 7.5.
Potassium rich fertiliser
70 to 80 days
|No. of seeds||13|
Planting and Care for Passion Fruit red and yellow Seeds
Sowing Passion Fruit Seeds
- Maintain a few seeds from big, delicious passion fruit. Gently wash the seed to remove any pulp and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Fresh seed is more viable (has a greater chance of growing) than older seed. The best time to plant seeds is in the spring or early summer, but older, dried seeds will take months to germinate, if they germinate at all.
- Within 10 to 20 days of seed planting, the plant should germinate.
- Fill the grow bag halfway with an equal mixture of vermicompost, topsoil, and coarse sand. Fill the container 4 inches (10 cm) to the brim with this mixture.
- Additionally, you may wish to experiment with organic rotten manure, leaf mold, or other green plant waste.
- If the soil is particularly thick, you can add a handful of coarse sand to lighten it.
- Take note of the soil's pH as well. The pH of the solution should be between 6.5 and 7.5. Add ground dolomite or farm lime to the soil if it is too acidic.
- Every year, add compost to your soil to keep it well-adjusted.
- To keep your soil well-drained, incorporate organic matter or sand.
- Water the seeds immediately after planting. Moisten but do not drench the surface.
- After planting the seeds, all that is needed is an occasional sprinkle of water when the soil's surface dries out.
Growing passion fruit red and yellow seeds
- When the seedlings reach a height of 8–10 inches (20–25 cm), they are ready for transplantation into a permanent position in your garden or to continue growing in large-sized grow bags.
- When roots have formed, transplant your seedling. If your cuttings are kept in the proper conditions, they should develop new roots within a few weeks. At this stage, they are mature enough to be regarded as existing seedlings and may be transplanted into a permanent garden space.
- Additionally, the vines need room to ascend and spread. Ideally, you can look for pre-installed climbing structures, such as a creeper net.
- Improve the soil. Passion fruit needs light, deep soil that is rich in organic matter.
- Well-watered. After planting, water the seedlings gently with a watering can or garden hose. Maintain moist soil, but avoid muddy puddles, as this will indicate that you have given more water than the soil will absorb and drain.
Harvesting passion fruit red and yellow seeds
- It may take about a year and a year and a half for your plant to bear fruit, but once it does, you can harvest and eat it.
- Typically, when mature passion fruit is ready for consumption, they fall from the vine. Although the drop does not harm the fruit, you should collect it within a couple of days of it falling to ensure the best quality.
- If your variety does not drop its fruit, simply pluck each one when the skin begins to wrinkle.
Precautions while growing passion fruit red and yellow seeds
- Due to the high nutritional and water requirements of passion fruit plants, the enriched soil often becomes a target for unwanted weeds. You must eliminate as many of these nearby weeds as possible to avoid diverting resources away from the passion fruit plant.
- You should avoid using insecticides until the early stages of a pest problem are identified.
- When pesticides are necessary, opt for organic alternatives, as chemical pesticides can contaminate the fruit and render it unfit for consumption.
- Passion fruit vines are susceptible to rot and viral infections.
Common Problems affecting passion fruit red and yellow seeds
Seedlings may be attacked by snails and slugs. With a few pellets of iron-based snail and slug bait, protect the small plants. Other pests such as grasshoppers and passion vine hoppers should be checked on the leaves. Any that are discovered should be squashed. Additionally, cover seedlings at night if possums are present.Aphids, vine girders, and coleopteran beetle larva are the most severe pest problems. Aphids are usually prevented by scattering red pepper across the base of the plant or spraying them with a concentrated stream of water from your hose.
Eliminate vine girders by combining an organic insecticide such as neem cakes with water. Distribute this solution evenly around the base of the main stem to eliminate damaged vines. To eradicate beetle larvae, apply a systemic insecticide before the plant flowering. There are a few diseases that you can attempt to avoid. When you notice symptoms of plant disease, you must also take steps to eradicate it and prevent the disease from spreading.
No. of Passion Fruit Red and Yellow Seeds - 13
All grow bags from Seed 2 Plant have a 5 years replacement guarantee. Yes, you heard that right. We are 100% sure about the quality of our grow bags that we offer no questions asked 5 years replacement guarantee.
If one of our grow bags got damaged under normal use within a 5 years period, you can contact us at email@example.com and ship the damaged grow bag. We'll replace the grow bag and the shipping cost will be refunded too.
How are we sure that our grow bags will last 5 years?
- Our grow bags are made of thick 220 gsm HDPE material.
- All our grow bags are UV treated, which means even exposed to strong sun rays, will not damage the product.
- Our stitching is unmatched. We make sure that each grow bags undergoes strict QA process before being sent to you.
All orders placed will be shipped within 24 hours (except on Sundays). Orders placed before 12pm will be shipped the same day.
Shipping is free for all orders above ₹499.
Orders below ₹499 will incur a modest ₹69 shipping cost.
Products will be shipped via BlueDart, Delhivery or India Post and will be delivered within 5-7 business days.
Priority Shipping is available at an extra cost of ₹179.
COD is available PAN India for orders above ₹499 and only for selected non-perishable products. ₹100 extra COD charge will apply.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Germinating well. Let us see how they fare in my leaf compost + cow manure soil.
I'm very happy ,to grow passion fruit plant at my terrace garden .I wish to buy more seeds from you...thanks for your caring🥰🥰🥰....
Seeds were recieved timely ..
Seeds worth buying good germinating
All seeds received in good condition.
Bush Beans: 100% germination
Clove Beans: 50% yet happy
Winged Beans: not yet germinated
Yet to try others
One concern is with Corriander seeds. Mentioned 100+ seeds in description but hardly received 20. Rest all received as per description. Thanks!
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.