THIS PRODUCT IS PROUDLY MADE IN INDIA
Free Shipping Above Rs.999/-
THIS ITEM SHIPS FOR FREE
Free Shipping Above Rs.999/-
Quick 24 Hour Dispatch
Free Shipping for all orders above ₹999. Delivery in 5 to 7 business days
- Khurpa/ Khurpi is a handheld traditional gardening tool that is used to dig holes for planting, rotate soil and remove unwanted growths like weeds.
- Comes with a 2 inch blade made from extra convenient durable metal. Suitable for beginners as it eases some gardening chores.
- Essential tool to remove unwanted growth from the soil. The flat bladed tool makes it easier to dig through stubborn weeds and remove it from root.
- Khurpa looks like a handy trowel with a flat blade. It can be employed to plow and cultivate the soil and make it ready for planting.
- Can also be employed to till the soil. Loosening up the soil is an important step to support the healthy growth of plants, facilitating healthy root growth.
What is a Khurpa/ Khurpi?
A Khurpa/ Khurpi is a gardening essential tool that has sharp flat blades attached to a plastic handle. It is essentially a form of trowel with a flat blade used to till the soil and unearth weeds easily. They can also be used to break up the compact soil and mix fertilizers. With a sturdy plastic handle and heavy duty metallic blade, Seed2Plant Khurpa offers a better grip to easily execute plowing and weeding.
A Traditional Tool
The Khurpa/ Khurpi is a traditional tool that has been used by small scale gardeners and farmers for a long time. The tool is traditionally used in a squatting position, so that only less effort is required to dig through the soil and perform gardening tasks. The main purpose of Khurpa/ Khurpi has been to till the soil, prepare seeding beds and remove unwanted growth. The sharp blade and small design makes it efficient for small-scale digging.
How to Use a Khurpa/ Khurpi
1.Tilling and Soil Preparation
An important use of Khurpa is to till the compact soil, mix fertilizers/ composts with garden soil. Even though the soil is rich in nutrients, a plant cannot absorb essential nutrients from a compact soil. When supplements are added to the soil, it should be mixed well with the potting soil for efficient absorption by plants. Khurpa comes to the use by helping mix the potting soil ingredients around the plant.
2.Dig holes and remove weeds
The sharp flat blade edges of the Khurpa make it an efficient tool for digging small holes in the garden. The use of the Khurpa is, however, restricted to the compactness of the soil. Digging holes in tight, compact soil will be harder with a 2 inch blade of Khurpa. However, the slender blades can be employed in removing weeds from roots. Long taproot weeds can be cleared with the khurpa easily.
All orders placed will be shipped within 24 hours (except on Sundays). Orders placed before 12pm will be shipped the same day.
Shipping is free for all orders above ₹999
Orders below ₹999 will incur a modest ₹69 shipping cost.
Products will be shipped via BlueDart, Delhivery or India Post and will be delivered within 5-7 business days.
COD is available PAN India for orders above ₹499 and only for selected non-perishable products. Extra COD charge will apply.
Recieved in good condition, with good quality
Excellent, sturdy and useful!
Very good quality..Definitely recommended
The khurpi I bought is very good in quality and product panchgavya..soil vermicompost and potting mix is also excellent after adding these product my plants are growing well and flowering too.