Organic Bottle Gourd Seeds - Open Pollinated
Non-Hybrid, Open Pollinated, and Non-GMO. 80-95% Germination.
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
Latest Germination Test: January, 2024
Germination Percentage: 93%
THIS PRODUCT IS PROUDLY MADE IN INDIA
Product Description - Organic Bottle Gourd Seeds - Open Pollinated
Bottle gourds are often referred to as Calabash Cucumbers. Bottle gourd is a climber with tendrils that resemble a spring. The milky green fruits with white meat come in a variety of forms and sizes; the most frequent is the long cylindrical and short circular variants. The plant spreads rapidly and furiously, covering a huge area. It is considered to be one of the healthiest and most adaptable vegetables since it is high in water and minerals that help maintain hydration.
Benefits/Uses of Bottle Gourd
- Consuming bottle gourd can help alleviate tension.
- Due to the high water content, it exerts a cooling effect on the body.
- Additionally, it has sedative qualities and helps to relax the body.
- The bottle gourd is incredibly good to the heart.
- Bottle gourd juice is high in iron, vitamins, and potassium and can help you lose weight.
- The bottle gourd is beneficial in the treatment of insomnia.
- Consuming Bottle gourds prevents premature hair greying
- It is high in fibre and alkali, which aids in the treatment of acidity.
- Bottle gourd juice is a natural cleanser that aids in the elimination of toxins from the body.
Specifications of Bottle Gourd seeds
Bottle gourd, Calabash, white-flowered gourd
Requires full sunlight
keep the potting soil constantly moist
Warm temperature (25 to 35 degrees Celsius)
Well manured soil
Vermicompost, organic fertilizers
5.5 - 6.8
Planting and care for Bottle Gourd seeds
Sowing Bottle Gourd seeds
- Bottle gourd seeds are easy to grow, particularly in the summer and monsoon seasons
- Bottle gourds grow well in large grow bags.
- Before sowing seeds, fill the grow bags halfway with a high-quality potting mixture, preferably Potting Mix - 100% Organic with 8 Fertilizers and 4 Beneficial Microbes. Organic veg and fruit mix is an excellent medium for growing bottle gourds. Grow a single plant in each grow bag.
- The seeds are directly sown in shallow holes or raised beds, where they germinate in 7-8 days.
Growing Bottle Gourd
- Bottle gourd seedlings are extremely rapid growth and immediately develop climbing behaviour.
- A sturdy trellis or Creeper Net, Climber Plant Support Net UV Treated should be constructed to support the climber's growth.
- Pinch off the young plant's growth tips to induce branching.
Harvesting Bottle Gourd
- Harvesting season begins approximately 2-3 months after seed sowing and lasts approximately 6-8 weeks.
- Harvesting is optimal when fruits have a soft, smooth surface, and you can easily slide your fingernail through or scrape the skin.
Precautions while growing Bottle Gourd plant
- Bottle gourd should be grown in areas that are open and sunny.
- Apply a thick coating of Coco Peat - Sieved & Washed Premium Quality and well-rotted manure in equal parts as a top dressing to the plant. Repeat this procedure 2-3 times throughout the growing season.
- The bottle gourd plant requires ample irrigation to thrive. It requires constant dampness.
- Constant stopping and pinching of the climber ensure a highly faithful and precisely planted plant.
Common Problems affecting Bottle Gourd plants and solutions
Falling of Immature gourds is a very regular occurrence. Baby gourds remain immobile until they shrivel up and fall off. Typically, this is due to a lack of food or adequate irrigation. Provide Seaweed Extract Liquid Growth Promoter and allow it to penetrate all the way to the roots.
Gourds, when they are little, become yellow, decay at the end, and eventually fall off. This could be a result of waterlogging or insufficient pollination.
In humid, hot weather, powdery mildew can be a concern. Remove injured leaves if mildew develops. To avoid mildew and rotting, ensure that the plant receives adequate air circulation and water drainage. Use bio pest control for additional benefit.
No. of Bottle Gourd Seeds - 12
Germination was very easy. The seedlings are very healthy and strong. Waiting for the vegetables to grow. Will be buying more from them. Highly recommended. Seed quantity is as advertised.
Yes, good quality seeds
Free delivery above ₹499
More you buy, more you save! 24 Hour dispatch and 5-7 days delivery.
Changed your mind about the purchase? We are just a text/call away.
Quick and Friendly Support
Our helpful and courteous staff can help you via chat or call.
All transactions done on Seed2Plant are encrypted and safe.