How to Grow
- Before planting, it's recommended to treat the bowl lotus pink tuber with a fungicide solution for 2-3 minutes to prevent any fungal infections. To prepare the solution, you can mix 2 ml of water-soluble neem oil with 500 ml of water, or mix 5 grams of Trichoderma Viride in 500 ml of water. Simply immerse the tuber in the solution for the recommended time, then proceed with planting as usual.
- Choose a container or bowl with a diameter of at least 25 inches(2 ft) and a depth of 8 inches.
- Fill the container with garden red soil, heavy clay soil, loamy soil, or a mix of clay and loamy soil.
- Plant the bowl lotus pink tuber on top of the soil with the growing tips facing upwards, at a depth of 2-3 inches from the water level.
- Fill the container with freshwater or rainwater, avoiding water with chlorine or other chemicals that may harm the plant.
- Wait patiently for a few weeks for the tuber to sprout, then maintain a water level of 2-3 inches above the soil as the plant grows.
- Add 100 grams of decomposed cow dung to the soil every 4-6 weeks while the plant is growing for adequate nutrients.
- Place the container in a sunny location with at least 6 hours of direct sunlight daily.
- Periodically remove dead or dying leaves to maintain plant health.
- Handle the tuber carefully to avoid damaging the growth tips.
- Change the water if it becomes cloudy or oily.
- Avoid using composted materials to prevent a foul smell and plant rot.
- Plant the bowl lotus tubers outdoors for optimal growth.
- Do not disturb the plant's location after planting.
- Cut the stems above the water level during maintenance to avoid drowning the plant.
Shipping: This water plant ships for FREE. Please note that we might need up to 2-3 business days to properly dry and pack the plant and ship them.
Free delivery above ₹499
More you buy, more you save! 24 Hour dispatch and 5-7 days delivery.
Changed your mind about the purchase? We are just a text/call away.
Quick and Friendly Support
Our helpful and courteous staff can help you via chat or phone.
All transactions done on Seed2Plant are encrypted and safe.