THIS PRODUCT IS PROUDLY MADE IN INDIA
Free Shipping Above Rs.999/-
THIS ITEM SHIPS FOR FREE
Free Shipping Above Rs.999/-Germination tested on September, 2022
Quick 24 Hour Dispatch
Free Shipping for all orders above ₹999. Delivery in 5 to 7 business days
Knol-khol is referred to by a variety of names in India. It is common in Kashmir, West Bengal, Maharashtra, Assam, Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, and some parts of southern India but is not commercially cultivated. It is distinguished by developing a knob (tuber) above the cotyledons due to a thickening of the stem tissue. The stem produces a fleshy turnip-like enlargement entirely above level. This knob is cultivated for human consumption as a raw or cooked vegetable, while young leaves are sometimes used in some regions.
Benefits/Uses of Knol Khol
- Knol-khol is an excellent source of dietary fiber, which can significantly benefit digestive health.
- It is low in calories, high in fiber, and nutrient-dense.
- Knol-khol is high in potassium, making it an excellent supplement to your diet if you want to stay alert, energetic, and in good health.
- Knol-calcium khol's content enhances the body's iron absorption, making knol knol an all-around immune and cardiovascular system booster.
- Consuming knol knol can assist in lowering the risk of developing cancer.
- It is exceptionally high in numerous B-complex vitamins, which serve as cofactors for enzymes during various metabolic functions within the body.
- Knol-knol is notable for its mineral content; it is particularly rich in copper, calcium, potassium, manganese, iron, and phosphorus.
- Its flesh is creamy in color and contains trace quantities of vitamin A and carotene pigments.
- Apart from antioxidants, this includes sulphoraphanes and isothiocyanates, promoting the development of defensive enzymes in the body.
Specifications of Knol Khol Seeds
Kohlrabi/Turnip Cabbage/ German turnip/Knol Khol.
keep the potting soil constantly moist
15 to 27°C
Prefers soil with pH levels of 5.5 - 6.8.
7 - 21 days
No. of seeds
Planting and Care for Knol Khol
Sowing White Knol Khol seeds
- Sow knol knol seeds 12 inches deep and 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart; thin, successful seedlings to a spacing of 5 to 8 inches (12-20 cm).
- Rows should be spaced 18 to 24 inches (45-60 cm) apart. Seedlings that have been thinned can be transplanted to additional grow bags in the greenhouse.
- Wait four to six weeks before transplanting the baby plants into the prepared soil bed in grow bags.
Growing Knol Khol
- Seedlings that are 4-5 weeks old and have 4-6 leaves are ready for transplanting.
- Evening transplantation is possible. Irrigation occurs immediately after transplantation.
- Regularly water the plants. Maintain constant moisture in the soil.
Harvesting Knol Khol
- Knobs are harvested by cutting just below the stem with a sharp knife or sickle until they reach full size.
- After that, they grow a rugged and woody appearance.
- The market for knobs with a diameter of approximately 5–8cm is reasonably high. The root portion of the produce is removed, and the plants are tied in bunches with the tender leaves. Additionally, it is sold after both the leaves and roots have been removed. The knobs of early varieties can weigh between 200–250g, while those of late types may weigh up to 1kg.
Precautions while Growing Knol Khol
Water and nutrition:
Maintain an even moisture level in the soil to promote rapid growth. Without water, knol knol will become woody. Aged compost should be used to prepare planting beds. Once a month, dress the knol knol with aged compost. Alternatively, you can feed knol knol once a month with a balanced organic fertilizer or a plant starter fertilizer.
Carefully cultivate to avoid damaging the shallow roots. When knol knol plants reach a height of 4 to 5 inches (10-12 cm), mulch with aged compost.
Cutworms, cabbage loopers, and imported cabbage worms may all target knol knol. Collars should be wrapped tightly around stems to protect seedlings from cutworm damage. Egg clusters should be removed from under leaves, and plants should be washed with a diluted soap solution. Cabbage worms can be reduced by spraying with bio pest control for biting pests.
Common Problems affecting Knol Khol Plants and Solutions
During cold, wet periods, the Alternaria leaf spot can become a problem. Therefore, only pathogen-free seed should be planted; crops should be rotated; and suitable fungicides, such as Trichoderma Viride Bio Fertilizer, should be applied to suppress disease when it is present.
Black rot is often confused with Fusarium wilt; it thrives in humid, moist environments.
However, the seedlings grow yellow to brown, wilted leaves and eventually die.
Primary control measures include maintaining a clean environment, planting disease-free seeds, rotating crops every two years or less, and avoiding sprinkler irrigation.
Clubroot results in slow development and stunted plants; yellowish leaves that wilt during the day and rejuvenate in part at night; bloated, twisted roots; and extensive gall development. It can be challenging to differentiate from nematode damage; the fungus can live in soil for more than ten years. It can be transmitted through the movement of polluted soil and irrigation water to uninfected areas. If a pathogen has established a foothold in the soil, it can live for several years, making removal economically unfeasible. Generally, crop rotation does not provide adequate control; Plant only approved seed and stay away from field-grown transplants unless they were grown in a fumigated bed; Liming the soil can help minimize fungus sporulation.
After germination, damping-off kills seedlings; brown or black rot girdles the stem; seedling may remain upright, but the stem is constricted and twisted. The disease manifests itself in seedlings that thrive in cool temperatures. Plant pathogen-free seed or transplants grown in sterilized soil; spray seeds with Trichoderma Viride Bio Fertilizer fungicide to destroy any fungi; plant seeds shallowly or wait until the soil warms up.
Wet, moist conditions favor the appearance of downy mildew. After harvest, remove all crop debris; rotate with non-brassica crops; application of suitable fungicides and bio pest control may be necessary if disease symptoms are present.
The dry season, moderate temperatures, low humidity, and low rainfall levels favor the emergence of powdery mildew disease. Plant resistant varieties; rotate crops; remove all crop debris following harvest; eliminate weeds; avoid excessive nitrogen fertilizer application, which promotes powdery mildew growth; powdery mildew can be controlled with bio pest control, dusts, or vapors.
No. of Knol Khol Seeds - 100+
All grow bags from Seed 2 Plant have a 5 years replacement guarantee. Yes, you heard that right. We are 100% sure about the quality of our grow bags that we offer no questions asked 5 years replacement guarantee.
If one of our grow bags got damaged under normal use within a 5 years period, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and ship the damaged grow bag. We'll replace the grow bag and the shipping cost will be refunded too.
How are we sure that our grow bags will last 5 years?
- Our grow bags are made of thick 220 gsm HDPE material.
- All our grow bags are UV treated, which means even exposed to strong sun rays, will not damage the product.
- Our stitching is unmatched. We make sure that each grow bags undergoes strict QA process before being sent to you.
All orders placed will be shipped within 24 hours (except on Sundays). Orders placed before 12pm will be shipped the same day.
Shipping is free for all orders above ₹999
Orders below ₹999 will incur a modest ₹69 shipping cost.
Products will be shipped via BlueDart, Delhivery or India Post and will be delivered within 5-7 business days.
COD is available PAN India for orders above ₹499 and only for selected non-perishable products. Extra COD charge will apply.
Almost all the seeds have germinated.
Very happy with the purchase. Yet to see the yield.
I order all seeds to start my vegetables season on the terrasse. I did not start growing cause the monsoon was still too strong but it was deliver on time, well packed and labeled. I will review as soon as it produces.
the fertelity rate is is 90%
Broccoli sprouts 90 percent