THIS PRODUCT IS PROUDLY MADE IN INDIA
Quick 24 Hour Dispatch
Free Shipping for all orders above ₹499. Delivery in 5 to 7 business days
Priority fast shipping options available
Maize is the world's most commonly grown crop and is widely used as a cereal grain. It is one of the most adaptable new crops. Maize is referred to as the "queen of cereals" globally due to its highest genetic yield potential. Maize is the only cereal crop that can be grown in various seasons, ecologies, and for a variety of purposes. Maize is a significant industrial raw material that offers significant potential for value addition.
The ears can be fried and eaten straight from the cob, or the kernels can be removed and used to make a variety of foods, including cereals and flour. Maize is also a significant starch source, which is converted into oils and high fructose corn syrup. Maize is also often grown for livestock feed. Corn can be grown in containers, but the yield would be lower than corn grown in a greenhouse. Corn needs a greater amount of space than the majority of small or medium-sized containers to have. If you're producing corn in grow bags, use big grow bags to replicate as closely as possible the optimal external conditions.
Benefits/Uses of Organic Maize
- Enhances Eye Health
- Provides Essential Amino Acids and aids in the maintenance of a gluten-free diet.
- Increases bone density.
- Maintains Healthy Blood Sugar Levels
- Anemia is treated with this medication.
- Enhances the role of the nervous system.
- Enhances cardiovascular health.
- Ascertains a Healthy Pregnancy
- Contributes To Safe Weight Gain
- Treatment of Hypertension and Blood Pressure Control
- Liver Dysfunction Remedies
- Provides Anti-Aging Properties
- Hyperpigmentation is cured, and acne and boils are reduced
- It prevents hair loss and acts as an anti-dandruff agent
Specifications of Organic Maize seeds
Well-drained soil with a pH of 6.0 to 6.8.
4 to 10 days
No. of seeds
Planting and Care for Organic Maize
Sowing Organic Maize Seeds
- Select a big grow bag with a minimum depth and width of 12 inches. This size of grow bag can accommodate approximately four corn plants. Ascertain that your grow bags have an adequate number of drainage holes in the rim.
- Sow four to six seeds about 2.5 cm deep in each grow bag and rake some soil above them. Do not be concerned if the corn is planted closely together in the grow bag. Indeed, closely sowing seeds aids in pollination and promotes abundant corn fruiting. Maize seeds should be drilled to a uniform depth and have moisture.
Growing Organic Maize
- To survive, sweet corn needs full sun, plenty of water, and fertile soil. Open Pollination is most effectively accomplished when the corn is planted in a block of several short rows.
- Mulch the area around the corn to conserve moisture. Utilize wood chips, newspaper, or grass to aid in moisture retention. Mulching also helps keep weeds at bay.
- Corn plants need soil that retains moisture without being soggy or waterlogged. They do well with peat-based potting soil.
- Water the plant every other day to maintain a steady moisture level in the soil. Water is a critical component of sweet and soft corns; particularly during fruiting, you'll need to water your potted corns more frequently.
- After ten weeks from sowing, apply fertilizer. Dig a hole around each plant that is approximately 2 cm in depth and diameter. Please provide the required fertilizer for each plant and incorporate it into the soil.
Harvesting Organic Maize
- If you understand how to grow corn in grow bags, you can grow your corns without requiring a lot of space; corns typically mature between 60 and 100 days after planting, depending on the variety and weather conditions.
- Until shelling, harvested ears are dried in the sun.
Precautions while growing Organic Maize
Maize grows best in mild, tropical, and subtropical climates, as it needs warm soils to thrive. The most critical requirement for growing maize is a deep, fertile, and well-draining soil with a pH between 6.0 and 6.8. Maize plants are voracious feeders, and even the most fertile soils will need nutrient supplementation, especially nitrogen, as the plants grow. It should be cultivated in an area that receives direct sunshine for most of the day and receives adequate moisture. For maize crops, the optimal usable soil moisture level is 75% or 80%.
If you believe you have over-fertilized your crop, water is possibly the best solution; water will allow the fertilizer to reach deeper into the soil, past the plant's roots.
Common Problems affecting Organic Maize Plants and Solutions
Maize plants are voracious feeders, especially nitrogen, and care should be taken to ensure that they receive an adequate supply of nutrients through fertilizer application. Around 30 and 40 days after planting, maize experiences a rapid growth cycle and should be fertilized just before this. Utilize Azospirillum Biofertilizer for Nitrogen Fixation. Additionally, plants need sufficient soil moisture during the growing season.
Nitrogen deficiency: The typical symptom of nitrogen deficiency is a light green coloration of the plant and a yellow 'V' pattern on the leaves. This pattern begins at the leaf end and progresses to the leaf collar. The symptoms progress upward from the lower to the upper leaves.
Phosphorous deficiency: Deficient plants are dark green, with reddish-purple discoloration on the lower leaves.
Potassium deficiency causes the leaf margins to be yellow and brown, giving the appearance of being fired or dried. Lower leaves exhibit symptoms first, followed by upper leaves.
Sulfur deficiency: Symptoms manifest themselves on younger leaves as yellow color striping.
Zinc deficiency: Upper leaves develop large yellow bands and eventually turn pale brown or develop dead spots. The symptom begins in the center of leaves and spreads outward.
In the event of bacterial, fungal, or pest and insect problems, use Trichoderma Viride Bio Fertilizer, Phospho Bacteria Biofertilizer, bio pest control, bio pest controller for sucking pests, and bio pest controller for biting pests.
No. of Maize Seeds - 15
All grow bags from Seed 2 Plant have a 5 years replacement guarantee. Yes, you heard that right. We are 100% sure about the quality of our grow bags that we offer no questions asked 5 years replacement guarantee.
If one of our grow bags got damaged under normal use within a 5 years period, you can contact us at email@example.com and ship the damaged grow bag. We'll replace the grow bag and the shipping cost will be refunded too.
How are we sure that our grow bags will last 5 years?
- Our grow bags are made of thick 220 gsm HDPE material.
- All our grow bags are UV treated, which means even exposed to strong sun rays, will not damage the product.
- Our stitching is unmatched. We make sure that each grow bags undergoes strict QA process before being sent to you.
All orders placed will be shipped within 24 hours (except on Sundays). Orders placed before 12pm will be shipped the same day.
Shipping is free for all orders above ₹499.
Orders below ₹499 will incur a modest ₹69 shipping cost.
Products will be shipped via BlueDart, Delhivery or India Post and will be delivered within 5-7 business days.
Priority Shipping is available at an extra cost of ₹179.
COD is available PAN India for orders above ₹499 and only for selected non-perishable products. ₹100 extra COD charge will apply.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
All the seeds germinated. Very happy with the purchase
Excellent germination !!! Almost all seeds germinated.....
in kashmir sowing time for Maize, okhra & beans are from mid April , so I cannot give my comments
Organic Maize Seeds - Hybrid
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.