THIS PRODUCT IS PROUDLY MADE IN INDIA
Quick 24 Hour Dispatch
Free Shipping for all orders above ₹499. Delivery in 5 to 7 business days
To buy Red Soil in 25kg and 50kg bulk packs visit here.
- The well-aerated red soils act as a soil moisture retainer when used with organic composts/ manure.
- Red soil retains moisture helping the growth of roots throughout the year.
- The texture of the red soil helps in supporting the stem after germinations.
- The iron oxide in red soil helps in chloroplast functioning and chlorophyll generation – improving photosynthesis.
- Red soil helps to maintain the soil pH at 5.5-7 – an ideal range for all plants to thrive positively.
Why Seed2Plant Red Soil?
Seed2Plant red soil is obtained from deciduous forest floors that grow under warm, wet and temperate climates. The soil is finely granulated under natural conditions, without the incorporation of any chemical proceedings. The redness of the soil comes from iron oxide. In addition, red soil has a layer of organic minerals that when added with organic manure will help control soil moisture in warm conditions. Retaining moisture will augment soil conditions throughout the year, protecting plants from drying during extreme summers – promoting root growth. The availability of iron components in the soil denotes the presence of essential enzymes to help reduce nitrate and sulfate elements. Though iron is not directly involved in chlorophyll synthesis, it provides the essential base.
Typically iron is rendered in the form of external fertilizer – applied at the rate of 1 ppm (1 milligram per litre of water). Seed2Plant Red soil curbs the usage of chemical additives to the soil by acting as the natural reservoir of iron.
The soil when mixed with vermicompost like Seed2Plant vermicompost can be used to pot all kinds of plants. It boosts germination. The extreme lightweight of the soil makes it an easy companion for terrace and balcony gardens. The soil helps retain the soil pH between 5.5 and 7 that is ideal for all kinds of vegetable growth. The red soil aids in retaining moisture, which is essential to prevent drying thereby stimulating plant growth.
How to Use Red Soil
- Add 1/4 parts of the red to vermicompost and cocopeat while preparing the potting mix.
- Occasionally add 200gms of red soil to plants that seem unhealthy and have pale leaves to revive the plant.
- Intervenal chlorosis (leaves showing yellow/ green veins) is depicted in leaves of the plants that have difficulty absorbing nutrients from the soil. Overwatering will weaken the roots, diseasing them. The ability of red soil to aerate and drain the soil appropriately helps optimal drying out between watering – creating a suitable ambience for plants to grow.
All orders placed (except live plants and bulk fertilizers) will be shipped within 24 hours (except on Sundays). Orders placed before 9am will be shipped the same day.
Shipping is free for all orders above ₹499/-
Orders below ₹499 will incur a modest ₹49 shipping cost.
All orchids, fruit plants and flower plants ship for FREE. Please note that we might need up to 5-7 business days to properly prepare the plants and ship them.
Bulk fertilizers are also shipped for free.
Products will be shipped via DTDC, Delhivery or India Post and will be delivered within 5-7 business days.
COD is available PAN India for orders above ₹499 and only for selected non-perishable products. Extra COD charge will apply.
Very good to use for terrace garden.
Superb soil value for money