THIS PRODUCT IS PROUDLY MADE IN INDIA
Quick 24 Hour Dispatch
Free Shipping for all orders above ₹499. Delivery in 5 to 7 business days
Priority fast shipping options available
This famous leafy vegetable in Indian cuisine has small, crisp leaves and thrives in cooler or semi-shaded conditions. Its distinct flavour is already recognizable to most of us, and it appears to be improved significantly when grown in a home garden. Depending on how you plan to eat it, palak spinach leaves can be harvested at three stages: infant, normal, and big. When harvests and conditions are well handled, they can produce for months. In warmer weather, it can grow slowly and flourish when it's colder. When used as a natural dye, the leaves of the palak spinach produce shades of green.
Benefits/Uses of Palak spinach
Extraordinarily high in vitamin C and abundant in riboflavin, one portion of cooked palak spinach also contains very high levels of vitamin A, folate, magnesium, potassium and vitamins E, B6 and thiamine.
- Palak spinach can be eaten raw in cold or warm salads or cooked in soups or pasta sauces.
- It is very common in egg dishes like omelettes or quiches
- Cooking methods include boiling, microwave cooking, steaming, and stir-frying.
Specifications of palak spinach
well-drained soil Or Loamy Soil
Apply any organic fertilizer
10°C - 22°C
Except for Dec - Feb
|No. of seeds||100+|
Planting and care for Palak spinach
Sowing Palak spinach seeds
- Make sure the place where you want to plant the seeds has a good mix of light and shadow.
- Additionally, ensure that the soil is well-drained and has a pH of 6.5 to 7.
- Additional nutrients in the form of compost or manure may also be added to the soil to enrich it.
- Prepare the soil at least one week before the seeds are planted with old manure.
- It is suggested that the seeds be planted half an inch deep in the soil in grow bags, with at least 3” – 4” between each seed. The plants would be able to flourish and extend their roots as a result of this.
- Ensure the soil is moist during germination to improve the process.
Growing Palak spinach
- Bear in mind your plants' growth. If the seedlings exceed 2" height, trim the plants to around 2"-3."
- Always keep an eye on how much water you're giving your plants.
- You must keep the soil moist at all times. Don't drown them in water. Watering early in the morning allows the plants to absorb the water during the day.
- Alternatively, you can allow your palak spinach plants to flower, allowing you to enjoy the lovely spring blooms while also collecting seeds for the following season.
Harvesting Palak spinach
- If properly cared for, Palak spinach should be ready for harvest in about 60 days 45-50 days.
- The majority of spinach varieties are sufficiently mature to harvest within 45 days. It can, however, take up to 60 days in some cases.
- You can say that your crop is ready for harvest as soon as 5-6 leaves have been formed on every plant. At this point, don't wait.
- Harvest your crop within a week of the plants reaching maturity.
- There are several ways that these leafy greens can be harvested. In any plant's growth process, fertilization is extremely important. This ensures a good return by the season of harvest.
- One way is to start from the outside and cut into the centre of the plant with a pair of scissors. Usually, this method is preferred if you only need a small number of leaves.
- Another way would be to cut the whole plant from the root and leave a centimetre from the roots, with a pair of scissors. The plants will reproduce and you will enjoy more palak spinach.
- In any case, wait not too long for the crop to be harvested, as the leaves can turn bitter once it has matured. You should always use fresh leaves. But Palak spinach will continue to be fresh in the refrigerator for 10-14 days at a temperature between 5°C and 10°C if you want to store it for later use. However, make sure you completely wash the leaves and remove any yellow leaves from the lot before it is stored.
Precautions while growing Palak spinach
- Palak spinach seeds not germinating – If your seeds do not germinate, it is because they were either too wet or too warm, or they were too old and no longer viable. For best results, always plant fresh palak spinach seeds in well-draining, cool soil.
- Seedlings aren’t growing – It's possible that your seedlings aren't growing because it's too shady, the soil is too wet or dry, or the weather is too hot for them. Maintain an even moisture level in the soil and experiment with feeding to see if it stimulates new growth. If not, adjust your planting schedule next time.
- Palak spinach seedlings bolting – Bolting is another common problem with Palak spinach plants, in addition to pests and diseases. Your palak spinach plants are bolting if they are going to seed. In the final stages of the growth process, this may be caused by a lack of water, too much light, or too much heat. To prevent bolting, remove the plants as soon as possible; otherwise, the leaves would become bitter and inedible.
Common Problems affecting Palak spinach plants and solutions
Palak spinach is a favourite of aphids and plant lice. A high-pressure water spray usually knocks off or try one of the organic sprays.
Caterpillars also love the spinach of the palak. To remove these pests without danger to people, animals, and beneficial insects use biofertilizers.
Palak spinach is also at risk from diseases. The main pesticides in this category are white rust, bleed mold (downy mildew), and soil-transmitted fusarium wilt. In cool, damp conditions, white rust is a common problem. Only remove if only a few leaves are infected.
Blue mold may also be treated with removal of infected leaves, or with the recommended fungicides such as Pseudomonas Fluorescens BioFertilizer, Trichoderma Viride Bio Fertilizer, looking for a yellow spot on top of the leaf and a greyish-blue mold at bottom of the leaf.
The best control for fusarium wilt is rotating palak spinach with unrelated crop species for at least 3 years.
No. of Palak Spinach Seeds - 100+
All grow bags from Seed 2 Plant have a 5 years replacement guarantee. Yes, you heard that right. We are 100% sure about the quality of our grow bags that we offer no questions asked 5 years replacement guarantee.
If one of our grow bags got damaged under normal use within a 5 years period, you can contact us at email@example.com and ship the damaged grow bag. We'll replace the grow bag and the shipping cost will be refunded too.
How are we sure that our grow bags will last 5 years?
- Our grow bags are made of thick 220 gsm HDPE material.
- All our grow bags are UV treated, which means even exposed to strong sun rays, will not damage the product.
- Our stitching is unmatched. We make sure that each grow bags undergoes strict QA process before being sent to you.
All orders placed will be shipped within 24 hours (except on Sundays). Orders placed before 12pm will be shipped the same day.
Shipping is free for all orders above ₹499.
Orders below ₹499 will incur a modest ₹69 shipping cost.
Products will be shipped via BlueDart, Delhivery or India Post and will be delivered within 5-7 business days.
Priority Shipping is available at an extra cost of ₹179.
COD is available PAN India for orders above ₹499 and only for selected non-perishable products. ₹100 extra COD charge will apply.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
The grow bags were excellent quality. Seeds were good too.
Very nice germinated successfully
All the seeds are sprouted . Trusted to buy at low rates.packaging also good.
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.