Vinca Magic Carpet Mix Seeds
Annual plant tested to have 85-95% germination
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
Latest Germination Test: January, 2024
Germination Percentage: 94%
THIS PRODUCT IS PROUDLY MADE IN INDIA
Product Description - Vinca Magic Carpet Mix Seeds
- Vinca magic carpet is an annual flowering plant.
- The best time to plant is in march. The flower blooms 100-110 days after germination and blooms throughout summer.
- The flowers bloom in variegated colours - Pink, red, white, magenta and purple
- Germination occurs in 7-14 days.
- The flowering plant is known for the ground cover it provides to garden beds.
Magic carpet plants are non-hardy creepers that make an attractive cover for the sun or shade within the garden space. The flowering plant attracts gardeners especially over rolling terrains as it creeps and spreads beautifully across the bedded surface, creating a lovely aesthetic. The plant is a member of the buckwheat family that is native to the Himalayas mountains of Asia.
The annual creeper grows to a height of 12-18 inches and produces variegated flowers of colours pink, red, white, magenta and purple. The plant produces bi-coloured flowers as well. When grown across as ground cover the plant grows up to an average height of 3 inches. The long trailing stems produce bright green leaves that house fluffy ball-like flowers. The round flowers grow around 11 inches in diameter. The plant is famous for its ability to cover ground quickly.
Type of the plant
Upto 18 inches
Full sun to light shade
Well-drained, should be sown indoors and transported outdoor on germination
Common flower colors
Pink, red, white, magenta and purple
How to Care
- Vinca magic carpet seed should be sown in well-drained fertile soil that is lightly pressed on top. The plant should be sown indoors. On germination it should be transplanted in outdoor spaces for better results. Seeds should be sown by March when the soil temperature is optimally between 18-24 degrees celsius indoors. To sow in clusters, make sure the space between the seeds is between 3-12 inches.
- The seeds require sunlight to germinate thus it is important to loosen the topsoil and keep it moist adequately.
- The seed germinates in 7-14 days and should be immediately transferred to a larger container outdoors. The seedling can tolerate light shade as well.
- The flower blooms throughout summer or based on the variety of blooms in early Summer, mid Summer or late Summer. Flowering will commence approximately 100-110 days from germination.
- It is important to keep the soil moist at all times. The soil should be fertile with added compost. Fertilizers (preferably liquid fertilizers) should be given at regular intervals. It is important to prune the fading blooms to encourage more growth.
Germination of seeds easy and properly guided, attached my seeds photo of sunflower started growing.
I thank this website. It's trustworthy and the seed grew well. Unfortunately, only one seed grew and the flower bloomed. I don't know if it's my weather condition or my soil the rest did not germinate. Other than that the sunflower looks great!!
70-80% germination and seeds are more cheaper than on other sites
Thank you for delivering .
I tried paper towel method to germinate them.And they germinated within 3 days.Now they are growing day by day.Waiting for the flower to bloom.But the germination percentage is quite low.So try to sow the seeds in the entire pack at one go.
Free delivery above ₹499
More you buy, more you save! 24 Hour dispatch and 5-7 days delivery.
Changed your mind about the purchase? We are just a text/call away.
Quick and Friendly Support
Our helpful and courteous staff can help you via chat or call.
All transactions done on Seed2Plant are encrypted and safe.