THIS PRODUCT IS PROUDLY MADE IN INDIA
Quick 24 Hour Dispatch
Free Shipping for all orders above ₹499. Delivery in 5 to 7 business days
Priority fast shipping options available
Brinjal is even more delicious when harvested from your garden. It's a pleasure to grow brinjal at home because it abundantly produces vibrant, gorgeous berries. We exclusively sell organic brinjal/brinjal seeds. Due to the open pollination of these seeds, you can reuse the seeds from your harvested brinjals.
Benefits/Uses of Violet Brinjal
Brinjal provides an adequate amount of fiber and potassium for the day. With only 25 calories per 100 grams, brinjal is a dieter's ideal vegetable. Brinjal is an excellent source of Vitamin A and C, which help protect your cells and low in calories and high in fiber. Brinjal, which is high in fiber and polyphenols, may also aid with blood sugar regulation. However, it should be avoided by individuals who already have arthritis because it is a nightshade vegetable.
Brinjal is loaded with health benefits. Brinjals are nutrient-dense. They are high in vitamin C, vitamin K, potassium, folate, and manganese. Additionally, brinjal or brinjal plants contain a small number of calories (one cup of raw brinjal has about 20 calories). Although the calories are negligible, brinjal is high in fiber. Brinjal is also an excellent source of antioxidants.
Specifications of Violet Brinjal Seeds
Eggplant, brinjal, guinea squash
Between 70 degree - 90 degree
well-drained sandy loam or loam soil
Organic fertilizers like neem cake
No. of seeds
Planting and Care for Violet Brinjal
Sowing Violet Brinjal seeds
- Select a seedling tray with medium-sized cells and bottom drainage holes.
- Moisten and pour the coco-peat medium into the cells.
- Seed each cell with two to three brinjal seeds. Brinjal seeds are pretty delicate; thus, avoid planting them too deeply.
- Lay the seeds on the medium's surface and gently push them inside using a pencil tip, ensuring that they are thoroughly submerged and protected by the coco - peat medium.
- Alternatively, you can use the bottom of a pencil to create shallow depressions in the medium, plant seeds in the depressions, and then sprinkle coco - peat on top to cover the seeds.
- Maintain the seedling tray indoors until the seeds germinate.
- For the first week, water the seeds with a spoon. Two teaspoons of water per day are plenty.
- Additionally, you can immerse the seedling tray in another tray of water for 30 minutes to allow the seed cells to absorb water through the drainage holes on the bottom.
- After transferring the seeds into grow bags, protect them from rain and direct sunshine. Create a temporary roof for the bunk using the plastic sheet. It should be watered with a watering can shaped like a light shower.
Growing Violet Brinjal
Direct sunshine is ideal for growing brinjal plants.
- Brinjal plants flourish in moist, well-drained soil that is rich in organic matter. Before planting, add mature compost or organic planting mix and change the soil to a depth of 12" (30 cm).
- Brinjal plants thrive in soils with a pH of 5.5 to 6.8.
- Drape black plastic over the planting beds for 14 days to warm the soil before planting.
Harvesting Violet Brinjal
- Harvesting the seed takes between 100 and 150 days, while transplanting takes between 70 and 85 days.
- Try not to harvest immature brinjal plants until they have a pithy appearance.
- The brinjal plants are ready to harvest when the fruit is brilliant, firm, and full of color.
- In brinjal plants, no seed is immature. Overripe fruits have hard, black grains.
- Brinjal plants that are not quite mature or that are overripe might be bitter.
- Remove brinjal plants from their stalks with a sharp shear or knife. Leave a tiny stem stub on the fruit.
Precautions while Growing Violet Brinjal
- Always plant your crops in an organic vegetable and fruit mix.
- Seeds should be sown in wet soil (Not damp or soil dripping with water)
- Sow one seed in each cell or each pot/grow bag.
- The average time required for germination is one week.
- Maintain soil moisture by softly misting the soil in the morning and evening.
- Ensure that the germination bags are not exposed to direct sunlight until germination occurs.
- Summer temperatures can become too warm for the roots in hot summer areas; mulch plants four weeks after planting.
- When summer temperatures approach 100°F (37°C), cover brinjal plants with a shade cloth.
- Stake or cage tall and heavy-fruited kinds.
Common Problems affecting Violet Brinjal Plants and Solutions
- Cutworms, aphids, beetles, Colorado potato bugs, and spider mites can all harm brinjal plants.
- Brinjal plants are prone to be attacked by cutworms, aphids, flea beetles, spider mites, and tomato hornworms.
- Cutworms would be deterred if collars were placed around the plants during transplantation.
- Aphids and flea beetles can be controlled effectively by handpicking or hosing them off the plant and pinching away affected sections. To treat the infestation, insecticidal soap or neem cakes may be employed.
- Spider mites are tough to eradicate; to do so, apply an insecticidal spray.
- Hornworms can be manually removed from plants or controlled using bio-pesticides.
- Brinjal plants are susceptible to fungal and bacterial diseases. Use Phospho Bacteria Biofertilizer as a spray.
- Plant disease-resistant cultivars wherever possible.
- Occasionally, clean up the debris in the garden.
- Verticillium wilt can be detrimental to brinjal plants; spray leaves with compost tea to prevent and delay fungal infections.
- Infected plants should be harvested immediately to avoid the spread of disease to healthy plants.
- Practice crop rotation to protect the plants from illness transmitted by the soil.
No. of Violet Brinjal Seeds - 200+
All grow bags from Seed 2 Plant have a 5 years replacement guarantee. Yes, you heard that right. We are 100% sure about the quality of our grow bags that we offer no questions asked 5 years replacement guarantee.
If one of our grow bags got damaged under normal use within a 5 years period, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and ship the damaged grow bag. We'll replace the grow bag and the shipping cost will be refunded too.
How are we sure that our grow bags will last 5 years?
- Our grow bags are made of thick 220 gsm HDPE material.
- All our grow bags are UV treated, which means even exposed to strong sun rays, will not damage the product.
- Our stitching is unmatched. We make sure that each grow bags undergoes strict QA process before being sent to you.
All orders placed will be shipped within 24 hours (except on Sundays). Orders placed before 12pm will be shipped the same day.
Shipping is free for all orders above ₹499.
Orders below ₹499 will incur a modest ₹69 shipping cost.
Products will be shipped via BlueDart, Delhivery or India Post and will be delivered within 5-7 business days.
Priority Shipping is available at an extra cost of ₹179.
COD is available PAN India for orders above ₹499 and only for selected non-perishable products. ₹100 extra COD charge will apply.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Absolutely nice one. I m going to order few more seeds soon
All the seeds germinated properly
Excellent seed packing and gud quality
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.