THIS PRODUCT IS PROUDLY MADE IN INDIA
Free Shipping Above Rs.999/-
THIS ITEM SHIPS FOR FREE
Free Shipping Above Rs.999/-Germination tested on August, 2022
Quick 24 Hour Dispatch
Free Shipping for all orders above ₹999. Delivery in 5 to 7 business days
Watermelon is a big fruit that is roughly spherical. It is usually served raw as a dessert at the table. Its flesh is sweet and reddish or yellowish. It is a very refreshing food with a low-calorie count. Additionally, it contains vitamins and minerals. Watermelon is a big fruit with a diameter of up to 25cm and a weight of up to 15kg in some cases. It has a circular or spherical shape and a smooth, dark green rind with irregular areas of pale green color. It has yellowish or reddish flesh that is sweet, juicy, and refreshing, with numerous black, brown, or white pips. Recently cultivated crops have altered this classic trait, bearing seedless fruits, yellow pulp varieties, or smaller watermelon. Watermelon is most commonly consumed raw, in slices, thirds, or even small balls. It is used in the preparation of sherbets, purees, and jams. In Russia, watermelon juice is used to make a very famous wine. In some countries, the pips are roasted or salted before consumption.
Benefits/Uses of Watermelon
- Watermelon is also an excellent source of carotenoids, especially beta-carotene and lycopene. Additionally, it contains citrulline, a critical amino acid.
- Watermelon is approximately 90% water, making it ideal for staying hydrated throughout the summer. Its natural sugars can also please a sweet tooth.
- Watermelon is an antioxidant-rich fruit.
- A watermelon cup weighing approximately 154 grams (g) contains 12.5 milligrams (mg) of vitamin C, or between 14 and 16 percent of a person's daily vitamin C requirement.
- Watermelon is high in water and also contains some fiber. These nutrients contribute to intestinal health by avoiding constipation and encouraging bowel regularity.
- Watermelon is high in vitamin C, which the body needs for collagen production. Collagen is needed for the structure and function of cells. Vitamin C also aids in the healing of wounds.
- Watermelon's vitamins and minerals are also beneficial to your core. Vitamins A, B6, C, magnesium, and potassium are included.
Specifications of Watermelon Seeds – Hybrid
6 to 8 hours a day(or more)
1 to 2 inches of water per week. Keep soil moist, but not waterlogged
pH levels of 5.18-5.60
Potassium and Phosphorus based fertilizers
65 to 90 days
Planting and Care for Watermelon
Sowing Watermelon Seeds
- Watermelon seeds are one of the simplest seeds to harvest from ripe fruit and save.
- Watermelon plants are extremely frost-sensitive, and prolonged exposure to cold weather can cause them to die.
- Plant watermelon seeds in grow bags in your terrace garden to jumpstart the growing season.
- Seeds should be sown 12 inches (13 mm) long.
- At a colder temperature, seeds will germinate in 3 to 10 days.
- After the soil has warmed to at least 21°C, transplant seedlings into the greenhouse.
- Plant in a prominent location and space mounds ten feet apart; vines can easily grow ten to fifteen feet.
- Keep the soil moist to prevent it from drying out.
- Fertilize with Organic Concentrated Premium Fish Amino Acids - Growth Promoter.
- Watermelons prefer a pH range of 7.0 to 8.0 in their soil.
- Watermelons should be grown in full sun for the highest yield.
- Try to add fertility to the soil before sowing watermelon seeds, so it makes the process quicker and more likely for the seedlings to get started.
- The higher the soil temperature, the more quickly watermelon seeds germinate.
- Use black plastic mulch to support the watermelon's germination.
- Seeds planted too deeply will not establish properly. Bury watermelon seeds between 1/2 and 1 inch deep for optimum germination.
- Male and female flowers grow on the same vine in watermelons.
- The smaller male flowers bloom first. The little melons have already formed in the flower buds of the females.
- If you do not see female flowers, there are some possible explanations: it is too hot or too cold, there is insufficient water or nutrients... In either case, this indicates that the watermelon plant is unhappy.
- If the plant produces female flowers but the small fruit at its base shrivels and dies, the flowers may remain unpollinated.
- Watermelon flowers are pollinated by insects. If you have reason to believe the insects are not doing their job, you should conduct your inspection to be certain.
- Hand pollination is most effective in the early morning. Remove some male flowers and their petals. Then brush the pollen-laden stamen against the stigma in the female flower's middle, allowing the pollen to adhere. Simple.
- On each branch, the first few female flowers will produce the best fruit.
- To maximize their size, pinch out the tip of the branch after many fruits have set.
- The surest indicator of maturity is the color on the bottom of the melon on the ground of most watermelon varieties.
- You need to develop and mature a watermelon for at least three months in warm sunny weather.
- As the melon ages, it changes from nearly colorless to deep yellow.
- They lose their powdery or shiny appearance when completely ripe.
- It takes skill to tell when a watermelon is ripe. With practice, you'll get to work at it.
- The curly tendril at the stem is the first sign to watch for. Your watermelon will be ready until it is completely dry, not just beginning to dry off.
- Another warning is a light-colored patch on the fruit's rim. It is initially greenish, but as it ripens, the green tinge fades and it becomes yellowish. Overall, the skin becomes duller and harder.
- The most common way to tell whether watermelons are ripe, however, is by sound. Knock them with your knuckles to hear if they make a dull, hollow sound. The tone of unripe melons is higher pitched. Continue thumping and contrasting before you can say the difference.
Precautions while growing watermelon
- Ensure that your watermelons receive an adequate amount of water. Consistently water the soil so avoid making the plant's leaves wet.
- Additionally, you should apply mulch to prevent the soil from drying out.
- Watermelons need to mature for a long time, and they are advised to periodically feed them with a high-quality fertilizer.
- Place the fruit on a sheet of cardboard or a bed of straw when it is about the size of a softball to avoid rot.
- Water just enough to keep the plant from wilting for about a week until the melons are ready. This aids in the concentration of sugars in the fruit, resulting in a tastier watermelon.
Common Problems affecting watermelon
The most common watermelon pests are leaf-eating beetles such as spotted and striped cucumber beetles, as well as pumpkin beetles with or without dots.They all look the same and do the same thing: they eat your watermelon plants. However, if they become a serious issue, it is usually a warning that your watermelons are under stress.
A safe watermelon grown in a well-balanced climate with good soil does not attract a large number of beetles. A watermelon should also be able to withstand a few beetles. The other major issue with rising watermelons is mildew, a fungus that causes the leaves to appear covered in white powder. The fungus thrives in moist, humid environments.
The only thing you can do to prevent mildew is to keep the leaves dry. If you must water from above, do so first thing in the morning to allow the leaves to dry quickly. Never water the leaves in the late afternoon or early evening.
No. of Watermelon Seeds - 10
All grow bags from Seed 2 Plant have a 5 years replacement guarantee. Yes, you heard that right. We are 100% sure about the quality of our grow bags that we offer no questions asked 5 years replacement guarantee.
If one of our grow bags got damaged under normal use within a 5 years period, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and ship the damaged grow bag. We'll replace the grow bag and the shipping cost will be refunded too.
How are we sure that our grow bags will last 5 years?
- Our grow bags are made of thick 220 gsm HDPE material.
- All our grow bags are UV treated, which means even exposed to strong sun rays, will not damage the product.
- Our stitching is unmatched. We make sure that each grow bags undergoes strict QA process before being sent to you.
All orders placed will be shipped within 24 hours (except on Sundays). Orders placed before 12pm will be shipped the same day.
Shipping is free for all orders above ₹999
Orders below ₹999 will incur a modest ₹69 shipping cost.
Products will be shipped via BlueDart, Delhivery or India Post and will be delivered within 5-7 business days.
COD is available PAN India for orders above ₹499 and only for selected non-perishable products. Extra COD charge will apply.