THIS PRODUCT IS PROUDLY MADE IN INDIA
Germination tested on August, 2023
Quick 24 Hour Dispatch
Free Shipping for all orders above ₹499. Delivery in 5 to 7 business days
They are extremely long, thin cucumbers with a more crisp texture. Salad cucumbers larger in size are usually soft on the inside and contain a high number of seeds. Long white salad cucumbers are an heirloom cucumber variety with stunning ivory skin, dark green foliage, and a new, crisp texture. Long white salad cucumbers are delicious fresh, pickled, or fried, and they add an elegant touch to nearly any dish. This plant produces cucumbers that range in length from 6 to 8 inches and in width from 2 to 3 inches.
As is the case with most cucumber plants, long white salad cucumber is planted in the spring after the last frost. The vining foliage proliferates, and the fruit matures approximately two months after planting.
Benefits/Uses of White Salad Cucumber
- Cucumbers are excellent for hydration and detoxification due to their 96% water content.
- Controls blood pressure in elderly hypertensive patients.
- Cucumbers contain potassium, magnesium, and dietary fiber.
- These nutrients are well-known for their ability to reduce blood pressure, thus decreasing the risk of heart disease.
- Cucumbers serve as a diuretic for the stomach. Cucumbers contain soluble fiber, which aids in digestion.
- Additionally, cucumber's high water content softens our stools, avoids constipation, and maintains daily bowel movements.
- Lowers Blood Sugar
- Cucumbers are beneficial for weight loss because they contain 96 percent water and are low in calories.
- Cucumbers are excellent skin enhancers. Cucumber's anti-inflammatory properties naturally lighten our skin and prevent tanning.
- Additionally, it diminishes wrinkles and fine lines.
- Assists in the healing of our eyes
- Cucumbers contain fiber that protects against colorectal cancer. Additionally, cucumbers contain cucurbitacin, which has anti-cancer effects.
- Cucumbers are high in silica, a mineral that is beneficial for hair and nail treatment. They contribute to the nail's strength and keep it from being brittle.
- Cucumber's phytochemicals destroy the bacteria that trigger bad breath in our mouth.
Specifications of Long white Salad cucumber Seeds
White Salad cucumber
Deeply water a week thrice
Once they grow 7-9 inch
No. of seeds
Planting and Care for Long white Salad cucumber
Sowing White Salad cucumber seeds
- It is very close to growing regular cucumbers to grow long white salad cucumbers.
- They, like most vegetables, need a lot of sun, a lot of water, and a lot of fertilizer.
- On the other hand, long white salad cucumbers can be easily trellised due to their long vines, which makes the fruits grow straighter and protects them from blemishes and diseases caused by fruits hitting the ground directly.
- These cucumbers need a large amount of room in the garden—at least 10 inches apart when grown in grow bags with creeper nets—and are therefore not suitable for small spaces.
- From May to June, it can be sown directly.
- Sow cucumber seeds on their sides in 7.5cm develop bags of free-draining seed sowing compost at a depth of 1cm.
- To stop scorching, shield emerging seedlings from direct sunlight.
- Continue growing cucumber plants until they reach a size suitable for transplanting.
- Maintain a min temperature of 15 degrees Celsius and a damp but not soggy compost.
Growing White Salad cucumber
- When cucumber plants have reached a mature size, transplant them into grow bags at a spacing of two plants per grow bag.
- It should be gradually acclimated over seven to ten days before transplanting into a humid, well-drained, humus-rich soil in full sun with protection from winds.
- Cucumbers should be planted in single rows 90cm apart.
- After planting, water thoroughly until cucumber plants are formed.
- Starting seeds for long white salad cucumbers is similar to growing normal cucumbers from seed.
- Long white salad cucumbers will often grow seedlings as long as other long white salad cucumbers pollinate them.
- Keep in mind that if you plant several cucumber varieties close together, cross-pollination is possible.
Harvesting White Salad cucumber
- Salad cucumbers with long white fruits should be harvested when they reach around 7 inches in length, making them ideal for trellising.
- Fifty-eight days after planting, the fruits should begin to ripen.
- Harvest the fruits by severing the stems from each one with a sharp knife.
- Regularly inspect the cucumbers and harvest them as soon as they are ready to ensure productive output until the seed cavities swell.
- Harvest cucumbers when they are still tender and fresh, as older fruits may become bitter; use secateurs or a sharp knife, or cut the fruit from the vine, preferably in the morning when temperatures are more relaxed.
- Regular harvesting promotes a longer growing season; cucumbers will continue to produce fruit until September.
Precautions while growing White Salad cucumber
- Until planting, amend planting beds with aged compost or commercial organic planting mixes such as vegetable and fruit mix or vermicompost.
- Compost contains all of the nutrients that cucumbers need for rapid growth.
- Throughout the season, dress cucumbers with compost tea or a dilute solution of Premium Fish Amino Acid 100 percent Organic Concentrated - Growth Promoter.
- Cucumbers should be fed a low-nitrogen, high-phosphorus, and potassium-containing diet. Follow label instructions carefully; excessive fertilization can stunt or damage plants.
- Midseason, re-dress cucumbers with aged compost to replenish soil nutrients.
- Maintain weed-free planting beds; weeds compete for soil nutrients and water. Plant shallowly to prevent upsetting the roots.
- Straw or chopped leaves can be used to mulch around cucumber plants. Mulch aids in soil moisture conservation and helps keep vines and fruits clean. Slugs and snails struggle to navigate through straw or pine straw mulch. Additionally, bio pest control can be used as a treatment.
Common Problems affecting Long white Salad cucumber plants and solutions
- Aphids, cucumber beetles, squash bugs, and slugs may all target cucumbers.
- Aphids can be managed by hosing them off with a strong stream of water, pinching out infested plants, or spraying Organic Pest Controller for Sucking Pests.
- When cucumber beetles feed on plant tissue, they chew holes in the leaves and spread cucumber bacterial wilt. Remove them by hand from the vines and kill them. To eliminate biting pests, use an organic pesticide.
- Squash bugs feed on the sap of plants, causing the leaves to wilt. Squash bugs may also attack seedlings. Diatomaceous earth is used for dusting plants around the base of the plants. A possible alternative would be to use an organic pest controller for biting pests.
- Slugs can scrape ragged holes in leaves. Around the base of plants, sprinkle diatomaceous earth and Organic Pest Controller for Biting Pests.
- Scab, mosaic, and mildew are all diseases that can affect cucumber plants.
- Maintain a clean garden by removing debris and weeds that can harbor pests and disease.
- Remove diseased plants immediately; place them in a paper bag and discard them to prevent disease spread.
- To aid in preventing fungal diseases, plant resistant varieties, space plants further apart to improve air circulation, and supplement with Pseudomonas Fluorescens Bio Fertilizer.
No. of White Salad Cucumber Seeds - 30+
- Mix 10 grams of pseudomonas powder in water and make it as a loose paste. (optional)
- Add the seeds to the solution and soak it for 30 minutes. (optional)
- Take a seedling tray and fill it with our potting soil.
- Sow the seeds at 1/2 inch (small seeds) or 1 inch depth (big seeds) and water them using our watering can.(Rough watering or exposure to rain may dislocate the seeds and affect germination).
- The soil should be wet and it shouldn't get dry or soggy. Water when the top soil dries out.
- Place the seedling tray in a warm spot (15°C - 21°C) until germination (it will take 4 to 21 days).
- After germination seedlings need a lot of sunlight. Transfer the seedlings to the grow bags when they have 1 - 2 sets of true leaves.
All orders placed (except live plants and bulk fertilizers) will be shipped within 24 hours (except on Sundays). Orders placed before 9am will be shipped the same day.
Shipping is free for all orders above ₹499/-
Orders below ₹499 will incur a modest ₹49 shipping cost.
All orchids, fruit plants and flower plants ship for FREE. Please note that we might need up to 5-7 business days to properly prepare the plants and ship them.
Bulk fertilizers are also shipped for free.
Products will be shipped via DTDC, Delhivery or India Post and will be delivered within 5-7 business days.
COD is available PAN India for orders above ₹499 and only for selected non-perishable products. Extra COD charge will apply.
Packing and amount of seeds is good but more details about seeds should be given like expiry date, date of production, germination rate, sowing temperature etc
Germination rate is very good. I am happy with the purchase
Delivery not as per schedule time