THIS PRODUCT IS PROUDLY MADE IN INDIA
Germination tested on May, 2022
Quick 24 Hour Dispatch
Free Shipping for all orders above ₹999. Delivery in 5 to 7 business days
Fenugreek, colloquially referred to as 'Methi,' is a legume. This plant's seeds and leaves also have edible properties. The seeds are usually used as a spice, the dried leaves are used as a herb, and the fresh leaves are consumed raw as a green leafy vegetable. This adaptable plant is used in various ways, including food, spices, cosmetics, soaps, and even medicines.
Fenugreek seeds are well-known for their medicinal properties, including pain relief, blood sugar regulation, and hair growth restoration. Fenugreek is a profitable crop since it aids in the nitrogen fixation process in the soil, which is critical for plant development. Fenugreek is a nitrogen-fixing plant that thrives in low-quality soil and grows lush and green. By adding nitrogen to the soil, this plant increases the soil's quality for other plants.
Benefits/Uses of Kasuri Methi (Fenugreek) Leaf
- Consumption of fenugreek leaves daily lowers cholesterol levels.
- Fenugreek leaves are extremely beneficial in the treatment of dyspepsia and liver dysfunction.
- Additionally, it aids in the treatment of gastric and other intestinal disorders. Fenugreek leaves are often used to treat digestive issues such as gastritis, constipation, and stomach discomfort.
- Fenugreek leaves have a balancing impact on the body's blood lipid levels and aid in preventing diseases such as atherosclerosis.
- Fenugreek has diabetes benefits; it aids in the treatment and prevention of Type II diabetes.
- Fenugreek leaves help to aid in the prevention of unexpected blood clotting in the heart.
- Kasuri methi also aids in the protection of other antioxidants produced internally from damage. Additionally, they assist in the body's defense against a variety of chronic diseases.
- Fenugreek leaves are beneficial for reducing skin blemishes and stains. Additionally, it promotes healthy, lustrous, and long hair development.
- Consumption of fenugreek leaves improves milk flow in breastfeeding mothers, making it highly advantageous for breastfeeding mothers to incorporate fenugreek leaves into their regular diet.
- Herbal tea made with powdered fenugreek leaves is an excellent way to carry the temperature down in a high fever and thus serves as the best homemade fever medication.
Specifications of Kasuri Methi (Fenugreek) Leaf seeds
Kasuri Methi, Fenugreek, Methi
1 inch of water per week
10 to 30 degrees
Balanced liquid fertilizer
3 to 5 days
|No. of seeds||100+|
Planting and Care for Kasuri Methi (Fenugreek) Leaf
Sowing Kasuri Methi (Fenugreek) Leaf Seeds
- Due to the difficulty of transplanting fenugreek, direct sowing is the best choice.
- Although this herb prefers full sun and lush, well-drained soil, it will grow in nearly any soil type.
- Fenugreek prefers soils that are neutral to slightly alkaline in pH, ranging from 6.5-8.2.
- Plant the seeds in a location with at least 4-5 hours of direct sunlight with afternoon shade.
- If you are growing it in a climate where the sun is not intense and the weather is cold, choose a sunny place.
- Since it is a tropical plant, it should be planted several weeks after the last spring frost.
- Sow the seeds thickly 1/4" deep in a well-plotted grow bag, thinning to 4" apart when seedlings emerge.
- Germination should occur within a week; soak the seeds overnight before planting to increase germination.
- Fenugreek also grows well in containers and can be sprouted to produce microgreens.
Growing Kasuri Methi (Fenugreek) Leaf
- Maintain the constant moisture level in the soil.
- Water the soil regularly to keep it slightly moist and keep weeds at bay.
- Mulch may assist with this, as well as shield the leaves from excessive soil contact.
- Fenugreek cannot withstand freezing, so it should be protected if cold weather threatens.
- Take care not to overwater the fenugreek plant and to prevent waterlogged soil. It will impede the growth of your plant and eventually kill it.
- If growing fenugreek indoors or in a shady place, keep an eye on watering.
Harvesting Kasuri Methi (Fenugreek) Leaf
- Fenugreek leaves can be harvested at any point, from microgreen to mature.
- When the plant flowers, the culinary consistency of the leaves deteriorates.
- To store the fresh leaves, carefully wash them, remove them from the stems, refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Additionally, the leaves may be dried or frozen.
- Please wait until the seeds rattle in the pod before shelling them like peas.
Precautions while growing Kasuri Methi (Fenugreek) Leaf
- Fenugreek is a low-fertilizer plant.
- When planting, you can incorporate manure, compost, or a time-release fertilizer into the soil, ideally, vermicompost, vegetable and fruit mix, or panchagavya, which will keep the plant growing for a few weeks.
- Additionally, feed the plant every other week with a balanced liquid fertilizer to promote robust growth.
Common Problems affecting Kasuri Methi(Fenugreek) Leaf plants and solutions
Cercospora leaf spot results in circular sunken lesions on leaves with chlorotic halos, necrotic areas on leaves, and discolored areas on pods.
Charcoal rot discolors the vine at the soil line; cankers on the stem can spread upward; leaves may wilt and fall off the plant, and numerous small black fungal fruiting bodies grow in infected tissues can be used to diagnose the disease.
Organic soil additives, such as manure or organic neem cake, may decrease inoculum levels in the soil.
Powdery mildew produces small, powdery spots on leaves that grow larger over time; yellow spots on the underside of leaves can be noticeable.
Provide sufficient irrigation and fertilizer to avoid stressing plants; plants with adequate spacing to prevent overcrowding. Monitor the results by using bio pest control liquid.
Aphids are usually common on the leaves of Kasuri methi. If the aphid population is contained to a few leaves or shoots, the infestation can be controlled by pruning; Examine transplants for aphids before planting; use tolerant varieties if available; reflective mulches, such as silver colored plastic, can deter aphids from feeding on plants; sturdy plants may be sprayed with a strong water jet to knock aphids off leaves; insecticides are generally only necessary to treat aphids if the infestation is severe - plants tolerate typically low to moderate levels of aphid infestation.
No. of Kasuri Methi Leaf Seeds - 100+
All grow bags from Seed 2 Plant have a 5 years replacement guarantee. Yes, you heard that right. We are 100% sure about the quality of our grow bags that we offer no questions asked 5 years replacement guarantee.
If one of our grow bags got damaged under normal use within a 5 years period, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and ship the damaged grow bag. We'll replace the grow bag and the shipping cost will be refunded too.
How are we sure that our grow bags will last 5 years?
- Our grow bags are made of thick 220 gsm HDPE material.
- All our grow bags are UV treated, which means even exposed to strong sun rays, will not damage the product.
- Our stitching is unmatched. We make sure that each grow bags undergoes strict QA process before being sent to you.
All orders placed will be shipped within 24 hours (except on Sundays). Orders placed before 12pm will be shipped the same day.
Shipping is free for all orders above ₹999
Orders below ₹999 will incur a modest ₹69 shipping cost.
Products will be shipped via BlueDart, Delhivery or India Post and will be delivered within 5-7 business days.
COD is available PAN India for orders above ₹499 and only for selected non-perishable products. Extra COD charge will apply.
I have planted Palak, Coriander and Kasuri Methi seeds just few days ago. Will post the update .
Its not the right time to grow new seedlings thats why iam not able to answer your , sorry
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.