Organic Muskmelon Seeds - Open Pollinated
Non Hybrid, non-GMO, 80-85% germination
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
Latest Germination Test: January, 2024
Germination Percentage: 93%
THIS PRODUCT IS PROUDLY MADE IN INDIA
Product Description - Organic Muskmelon Seeds - Open Pollinated
Muskmelon also known as the cantaloupe or sweet melon is a summer plant that is rich in vitamin C. The melon is sought in summer due to its high water content and a slight sweet taste. The yellow-coloured fruit with a pleasant aroma will keep one hydrated in the scorching sun providing the essential phytochemicals.
- The high water content and fiber in muskmelon helps ease digestive issues like indigestion and constipation.
- Muskmelon is rich in the powerful antioxidant, Vitamin C that is essential to improve immunity, regulate bone formation and fasten wound healing.
- Applying muskmelon paste to skin helps fight dryness and acne.
- Rich in potassium, the fruit acts as a vasodilator relaxing blood vessels, thus regulating high blood pressure.
- Muskmelon has anti-inflammatory properties helping ease arthritis pain and also relieve stress.
- Regular intake provides the body with vitamin A helping fight age related vision problems.
18-30 degree celsius
Sufficient water to keep soil moist not soggy
8-10 hours of full sun
Well-drained, well-composted enriched soil.
Natural compost or organic manure
78-90 days after germinatiom
No: of seeds
Sowing and Caring
- Use a comfortable Grow bag like Seed2Plant HDPE round grow bags to plant. Not more than 2 seeds should be planted in a grow bag (referring to 24x24 inch growbag)
- Use organically enriched potting mix like the one we have to pot the seeds. Leave one inch gap from the top of the grow bag.
- In places like India, it is advisable to sow seeds during march/ April when the soil is sufficiently warm.
- Water appropriately such that the soil is moist and not soggy. The fruit requires plenty of water (soil should be kept wet upto 2 inches deep). Avoid watering the leaves as it will lead to powdery mildew. Water directly over the soil
- Place the pot in a location that receives full sunlight for at least 10 hours a day.
- The seeds will germinate in 2 weeks. Muskmelon is a vine, and requires a support net/ trellis like the Seed2Plant support net to enable faster climbing and growth.
- If the melon has more flowers and fewer fruits, pollination is recommended to stimulate fruiting. Plants like marigold, basil and sage cane be planted nearby to invite bees/ insects for pollination muskmelon.
- Harvest can begin 78-90 days after germination. The fruit gives a strong aroma and develops yellow spots suggesting it is ready for harvest.
- A fully ripe muskmelon will separate from the vine easily. A pruning scissor can alsobe used.
- Prone to powdery mildew when the leaves are often wet. Additional care should be taken during watering to avoid the fungal growth.
- Aphids, cucumber beetles and spider mites are the common pests attacking the fruit.
- Weeds should be pruned off around the vine to prevent fungal diseases and provide enough space for the roots to breathe.
- Application (foliar spraying) of neem oil like Seed2Plant Water-soluble neem oil will prevent pest and fungal attacks.
- Using potassium-rich organic fertilizers like the Seed2Plant A2 Desi Cow Panchagavya will stimulate faster fruiting and flowering.
- It is also suggested to add phosphorus rich fertilizer like the fertilizers like the Seed2Plant phosphobacteria fertilizer.
wating to sprout seeds
Seeds Very good 100%germination
Free delivery above ₹499
More you buy, more you save! 24 Hour dispatch and 5-7 days delivery.
Changed your mind about the purchase? We are just a text/call away.
Quick and Friendly Support
Our helpful and courteous staff can help you via chat or call.
All transactions done on Seed2Plant are encrypted and safe.