THIS PRODUCT IS PROUDLY MADE IN INDIA
Germination tested on August, 2023
Quick 24 Hour Dispatch
Free Shipping for all orders above ₹499. Delivery in 5 to 7 business days
White bitter gourd, or Karela in India, is a rare tropical vine cultivated for its tasty vegetable. This magnificent veggie is loaded with health advantages. White bitter gourd is a vegetable that grows in temperate/tropical climates and contains iron, beta carotene, potassium, and calcium. Additionally, it is high in fibre, phosphorus, and vitamins C, B1, B2, and B3.
Benefits/uses of white bitter gourd seeds
- Vitamin C, an essential micronutrient involved in disease prevention, bone formation, and wound healing, is particularly abundant in white bitter gourd.
- It is rich in Vitamin A, which benefits skin health and other vision conditions, and has other beneficial uses, fat-soluble vitamins as well.
- It supplies folic acid, which is absolutely vital for growth and development, as well as lesser quantities of zinc and iron
- White bitter gourd is also high in antioxidants that can help protect your cells to stay healthy.
- Native communities around the world use white bitter gourd for diabetes-related problems for generations.
Specifications of white bitter gourd seeds
White bitter gourd
6 hours of full sun each day
Regular water is essential
75 and 80°F (24-31°C)
Sandy- or siltly-loam soil, but good drainage is essential.
Slow-release organic fertilizer
10 to 15 days.
55-60 days from seed sowing.
|No. of seeds||8|
Planting and care for white bitter gourd
Sowing white bitter gourd seeds
- White bitter gourd seeds usually have a red coating wrapped around them. The first step is to chip away some of the coatings.
- Soak the seeds in water overnight. The germination process begins with this kick so that seeds can consume large amounts of water immediately.
- Plant the seeds in the compost about 1 cm deep. In order to nurture the plant, water the pot thoroughly while avoiding a soggy or water-soaked environment which could hinder its growth
- After a few weeks, you should see the seeds begin to sprout.
Growing white bitter gourd seeds
- Use a HDPE Round Grow Bag of 18x18 Inches preferably to place the sprouts.
- A good quality Potting Mix - 100% Organic with 8 Fertilizers and 4 Beneficial Microbes should be added to the container.
- Creeper nets support hanging fruit, which helps to grow it long and straight.
- Use materials that prevent water from evaporating, including straw, which helps keep the soil moist.
Harvesting white bitter gourd
- White bitter gourd should be harvested 12 to 16 weeks after planting and 8 to 10 days after blossoming. Harvest when the fruits are 4 to 6 inches (10-15 cm) long.
- The fruits would be pear-shaped and have light white skin with yellow stripes.
Precautions while growing white bitter gourd
- Bitter gourd climber necessitates the use of a trellis or a creeper net for support.
- It is recommended that the plant be grown in direct sunlight.
- This climber demands a lot of water, which is why it thrives during the monsoon season.
- All gourds require at least 100 frost-free days to develop.
- Plant gourds once the soil temperature has reached 70° to 80°F.
- Start seeds indoors 2 to 4 weeks before transplanting into the garden to get a head start on the season.
Common Problems affecting white bitter gourd plants and solutions
- The undersides of the leaves curl inward, becoming deformed and yellowish. Aphids are small, oval, and generally white in colour and can be found on the underside of leaves.
- Plants are more vulnerable to damage from powdery mildew when they are young, so you can use fungicides like Trichoderma Viride Bio Fertilizer
- or biopesticides to protect them.
- They leave behind adhesive, blackish scum excrement called honeydew, which can become scummy mold. Consider using insecticidal soap, organic neem cake or Pseudomonas Fluorescens Biofertilizer as a solution.
- Adding an organic amendment to a planting bed will help to promote good drainage. The key for long term plant survival is to ensure moist but well-drained soil. Do not over-water the plant roots.
No. of White Bitter Gourd Seeds - 8
- Mix 10 grams of pseudomonas powder in water and make it as a loose paste. (optional)
- Add the seeds to the solution and soak it for 30 minutes. (optional)
- Take a seedling tray and fill it with our potting soil.
- Sow the seeds at 1/2 inch (small seeds) or 1 inch depth (big seeds) and water them using our watering can.(Rough watering or exposure to rain may dislocate the seeds and affect germination).
- The soil should be wet and it shouldn't get dry or soggy. Water when the top soil dries out.
- Place the seedling tray in a warm spot (15°C - 21°C) until germination (it will take 4 to 21 days).
- After germination seedlings need a lot of sunlight. Transfer the seedlings to the grow bags when they have 1 - 2 sets of true leaves.
All orders placed (except live plants and bulk fertilizers) will be shipped within 24 hours (except on Sundays). Orders placed before 9am will be shipped the same day.
Shipping is free for all orders above ₹499/-
Orders below ₹499 will incur a modest ₹49 shipping cost.
All orchids, fruit plants and flower plants ship for FREE. Please note that we might need up to 5-7 business days to properly prepare the plants and ship them.
Bulk fertilizers are also shipped for free.
Products will be shipped via DTDC, Delhivery or India Post and will be delivered within 5-7 business days.
COD is available PAN India for orders above ₹499 and only for selected non-perishable products. Extra COD charge will apply.
The packaging was good,
It looks like high quality seeds and hope it will soon germinate and bloom.
Your service was also helpful.
Products are worth the price and genuine.
I do recommend seed2plant to everyone...
You should give it a try.
What other vegetables seeds for this season available?