THIS PRODUCT IS PROUDLY MADE IN INDIA
Free Shipping Above Rs.999
THIS ITEM SHIPS FOR FREE
Free Shipping Above Rs.999Germination tested on July, 2022
Quick 24 Hour Dispatch
Free Shipping for all orders above ₹999. Delivery in 5 to 7 business days
White bitter gourd, or Karela in India, is a rare tropical vine cultivated for its tasty vegetable. This magnificent veggie is loaded with health advantages. White bitter gourd is a vegetable that grows in temperate/tropical climates and contains iron, beta carotene, potassium, and calcium. Additionally, it is high in fibre, phosphorus, and vitamins C, B1, B2, and B3.
Benefits/uses of white bitter gourd seeds
- Vitamin C, an essential micronutrient involved in disease prevention, bone formation, and wound healing, is particularly abundant in white bitter gourd.
- It is rich in Vitamin A, which benefits skin health and other vision conditions, and has other beneficial uses, fat-soluble vitamins as well.
- It supplies folic acid, which is absolutely vital for growth and development, as well as lesser quantities of zinc and iron
- White bitter gourd is also high in antioxidants that can help protect your cells to stay healthy.
- Native communities around the world use white bitter gourd for diabetes-related problems for generations.
Specifications of white bitter gourd seeds
White bitter gourd
6 hours of full sun each day
Regular water is essential
75 and 80°F (24-31°C)
Sandy- or siltly-loam soil, but good drainage is essential.
Slow-release organic fertilizer
10 to 15 days.
55-60 days from seed sowing.
|No. of seeds||9|
Planting and care for white bitter gourd
Sowing white bitter gourd seeds
- White bitter gourd seeds usually have a red coating wrapped around them. The first step is to chip away some of the coatings.
- Soak the seeds in water overnight. The germination process begins with this kick so that seeds can consume large amounts of water immediately.
- Plant the seeds in the compost about 1 cm deep. In order to nurture the plant, water the pot thoroughly while avoiding a soggy or water-soaked environment which could hinder its growth
- After a few weeks, you should see the seeds begin to sprout.
Growing white bitter gourd seeds
- Use a HDPE Round Grow Bag of 18x18 Inches preferably to place the sprouts.
- A good quality Potting Mix - 100% Organic with 8 Fertilizers and 4 Beneficial Microbes should be added to the container.
- Creeper nets support hanging fruit, which helps to grow it long and straight.
- Use materials that prevent water from evaporating, including straw, which helps keep the soil moist.
Harvesting white bitter gourd
- White bitter gourd should be harvested 12 to 16 weeks after planting and 8 to 10 days after blossoming. Harvest when the fruits are 4 to 6 inches (10-15 cm) long.
- The fruits would be pear-shaped and have light white skin with yellow stripes.
Precautions while growing white bitter gourd
- Bitter gourd climber necessitates the use of a trellis or a creeper net for support.
- It is recommended that the plant be grown in direct sunlight.
- This climber demands a lot of water, which is why it thrives during the monsoon season.
- All gourds require at least 100 frost-free days to develop.
- Plant gourds once the soil temperature has reached 70° to 80°F.
- Start seeds indoors 2 to 4 weeks before transplanting into the garden to get a head start on the season.
Common Problems affecting white bitter gourd plants and solutions
- The undersides of the leaves curl inward, becoming deformed and yellowish. Aphids are small, oval, and generally white in colour and can be found on the underside of leaves.
- Plants are more vulnerable to damage from powdery mildew when they are young, so you can use fungicides like Trichoderma Viride Bio Fertilizer
- or biopesticides to protect them.
- They leave behind adhesive, blackish scum excrement called honeydew, which can become scummy mold. Consider using insecticidal soap, organic neem cake or Pseudomonas Fluorescens Biofertilizer as a solution.
- Adding an organic amendment to a planting bed will help to promote good drainage. The key for long term plant survival is to ensure moist but well-drained soil. Do not over-water the plant roots.
No. of White Bitter Gourd Seeds - 7
All grow bags from Seed 2 Plant have a 5 years replacement guarantee. Yes, you heard that right. We are 100% sure about the quality of our grow bags that we offer no questions asked 5 years replacement guarantee.
If one of our grow bags got damaged under normal use within a 5 years period, you can contact us at email@example.com and ship the damaged grow bag. We'll replace the grow bag and the shipping cost will be refunded too.
How are we sure that our grow bags will last 5 years?
- Our grow bags are made of thick 220 gsm HDPE material.
- All our grow bags are UV treated, which means even exposed to strong sun rays, will not damage the product.
- Our stitching is unmatched. We make sure that each grow bags undergoes strict QA process before being sent to you.
All orders placed will be shipped within 24 hours (except on Sundays). Orders placed before 12pm will be shipped the same day.
Shipping is free for all orders above ₹999
Orders below ₹999 will incur a modest ₹69 shipping cost.
Products will be shipped via BlueDart, Delhivery or India Post and will be delivered within 5-7 business days.
COD is available PAN India for orders above ₹499 and only for selected non-perishable products. Extra COD charge will apply.
I sowed white bitter gourd and white brinjal seeds in the 12-cavity seedling tray. All have germinated and are healthy.
Very good seeds
Nice seeds,yet to germinate