THIS PRODUCT IS PROUDLY MADE IN INDIA
Free Shipping Above Rs.499/-
THIS ITEM SHIPS FOR FREE
Free Shipping Above Rs.499/-Germination tested on January, 2023
Quick 24 Hour Dispatch
Free Shipping for all orders above ₹499. Delivery in 5 to 7 business days
Beetroot is the healthiest and nutritious vegetable to consume. Beetroots are members of the Chenopodiaceae family, which has a long and illustrious history. Beetroots contain more iron than any other vegetable, like spinach. They are high in fiber, and vitamin A and C. Beetroot can be beneficial in treating anemia, indigestion, constipation, gallbladder, cancer, heart disease, piles, and kidney disorders.
Beetroot is recognized as one of the best vegetables for health juices because it is high in antioxidants, carbohydrates, potassium, and folic acid. Recognized as a superfood, it is a well-kept secret that many endurance athletes use to increase strength. With some initial preparation and planning, it is possible to maintain a year-round supply of fresh roots with little effort and for the price of a packet of seeds.
Benefits/Uses of Beetroot
- Beets contain a variety of beneficial plant compounds that help to alleviate inflammation and protect cells from damage. Among the additional health benefits of Beetroot are the following:
- Boosts your stamina
- Beetroot and its juice assist the heart and lungs in working more efficiently during exercise. Beets produce nitric oxide, which increases blood flow to your muscles. Certain athletes supplement their success with Beetroot or beet juice.
- Prevent Cardiovascular Disease and Stroke
- Beets are high in folate (vitamin B9), a B vitamin that aids in the growth and function of cells. Folate is critical in preventing blood vessel damage, which can further minimize heart disease and stroke risk.
- Reduce Blood Pressure
- Beets naturally reduce blood pressure by relaxing and widening the blood vessels.
- Improves the immune system
- Beets are rich in fiber and aid in the growth of beneficial bacteria in the digestive tract. Having a diverse population of healthy bacteria in your digestive system aids in the battle against disease and strengthens your immune system. Additionally, fiber aids in digestion and decreases the chance of constipation.
- Beetroots are a nutritious supplement to the majority of diets. Beetroots may be consumed raw or fried or as a juice. Beet juice contains a plethora of beneficial nutrients that the cooking process will deplete.
- Beetroot nutrients include folate—a vitamin that aids in maintaining healthy blood vessels—and potassium, which helps protect the heart.
Specifications of Beetroot Seeds
6 hrs of sunlight
2.5 cm per week
60 to 70 degree
6.0 to 7.0 pH
Nitrogen, phosphorous, and potassium fertilizer before planting
2 to 3 weeks
No. of seeds
Planting and Care for Beetroot
Sowing Beetroot Seeds
- Sow beets directly in the grow bags to avoid disturbing their roots, while beets, unlike many root crops, do well when transplanted while still young. Beets, on the other hand, thrive when started outdoors due to their cold tolerance.
- Seeds should be sown 12 inches deep and 1 to 2 inches apart in rows about 1 foot apart. Following sowing, a thin layer of soil should be applied to the seeds.
- Each wrinkled beet seed is a cluster of two to four seeds, which means that once the greens reach around 4 inches in height, you will need to thin the young plants to 3 to 4 inches apart. It enables their origins to reach their full potential.
- Avoid pulling up the plants while thinning, as this will disrupt the roots of the beets you wish to hold. Rather than that, snip the leaves (and eat them).
- Maintain optimum germination conditions by keeping the soil moist. Soak seeds inside water for 24 hours before planting to facilitate germination.
- Mulch and then water every week with approximately 1 inch of water per square foot. Beets need enough moisture to thrive.
- Weed as required, but be careful with young plants; beets have shallow, easily disturbed roots.
- Consider row covering beets to deter pests such as leaf miners from damaging the plants' leaves.
- Generally, additional fertilizer is not needed. If you do fertilize, use just a small amount of nitrogen; too much nitrogen results in an explosion of greens but tiny bulbs underneath the soil.
- For the majority of varieties, the days to maturity range between 55 and 70. That is, intend to harvest beets approximately two months after planting.
- Harvest roots when they reach the size of a golf ball or larger; extremely large roots can be challenging and woody.
- Loosen the soil around the beet and raise it gently from the ground.
- Beet greens can be harvested at almost any time, starting with seedling thinning. Take one or two mature leaves per plant and continue until the leaf blades reach a height of more than 6 inches and become tough.
- Without greens, roots cannot completely grow, so leaving some is important for proper growth.
Precautions while growing Beetroot
- Prior to planting, combine Phospho Bacteria Biofertilizer, Azospirillum Nitrogen Fixing Bio Fertilizer, and Veg and Fruit Mix, as the plant needs a constant supply of nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium.
- To avoid rust, ensure adequate air circulation, especially in damp conditions. Remove and burn any infected leaves (or portions of them). Monitor this fungal disease with Trichoderma Viride Bio Fertilizer. The spores are quickly dispersed by wind and from plant to plant.
Common Problems affecting Beetroot plants and solutions
- Occasionally, rust attacks beetroot plants, especially those grown in cover. On the underside of the leaves, tiny, raised brown-red spots appear. The disease depletes the plant's strength and results in malformed or small roots.
- Aphids, also known as whiteflies and greenflies, are small transparent insects that can be a severe problem for various plants. Beetroot leaves are rarely attacked, but they can be. Spray with a pint of water containing a few drops of dishwashing liquid.
- Mice and voles are by far the most frequent pests responsible for this devastation. A regular occurrence is that Beetroot has been growing successfully in the garden or allotment for many years, and then the damage occurs out of nowhere one year. Mice and voles build nests in loose vegetation that they collect to keep warm during the colder months. Forget about seeing them during the day; they are nocturnal creatures. To discourage them, clean up the loose straw, grass cuttings, plant matter, and similar materials that they may use to build a nest in your terrace garden.
No. of Beetroot Seeds - 50+
- Mix 10 grams of pseudomonas powder in water and make it as a loose paste.
- Add the seeds to the solution and soak it for 30 minutes.
- Take a seedling tray and fill it with our potting soil.
- Sow the seeds at 1/2 inch (small seeds) or 1 inch depth (big seeds) and water them using our watering can.(Rough watering or exposure to rain may dislocate the seeds and affect germination).
- The soil should be wet and it shouldn't get dry or soggy. Water when the top soil dries out.
- Place the seedling tray in a warm spot (15°C - 21°C) until germination (it will take 4 to 21 days).
- After germination seedlings need a lot of sunlight. Transfer the seedlings to the grow bags when they have 1 - 2 sets of true leaves.
All orders placed will be shipped within 24 hours (except on Sundays). Orders placed before 12pm will be shipped the same day.
Shipping is free for all orders above ₹999
Orders below ₹999 will incur a modest ₹59 shipping cost.
All orchids ships for FREE. Please note that we might need up to 2-3 business days to properly dry and pack the plant and ship them.
Products will be shipped via DTDC, Delhivery or India Post and will be delivered within 5-7 business days.
COD is available PAN India for orders above ₹499 and only for selected non-perishable products. Extra COD charge will apply.
I bought broccoli seeds from them and seeds are really good. germination rate is almost 80% which is really good. now hoping for them to grow well. packaging was also really good. just because they sent via india post so delivery time was little more but ofcourse it vary place to place. really happy with the purchase. looking forward to buy more.
Very good quality seeds
The seeds were packed in great condition and i have sowed them. Hope they germinate soon.