THIS PRODUCT IS PROUDLY MADE IN INDIA
Same day dispatch for orders placed before 12pm.
Free Delivery in 5 to 7 business days, for orders over Rs. 1,000.00
Priority fast shipping options available
Red, long okra is cultivated in the gumbos and soups for its long, spotty seed pods. Cotton, hollyhocks, and hibiscus are all members of the same family as okra. However, it may survive in any climate conducive to corn growth. The large-flowered, vigorous plants attain a height of 2 to 6 feet, depending on the cultivar. Colorful branches and leaves, such as Burgundy, provide eye-catching garden borders.
Okra is a tropical plant used as an annual vegetable in the tropics. Due to their sticky mucilage, the seed pods are particularly excellent for thickening stews. Okra plants are exceptionally drought and heat tolerant, and the vegetable is popular in various countries with challenging growing circumstances. Fresh okra is packed with vitamins and antioxidants and grows best in fertile, well-drained soil that receives direct sunlight. It can be sown directly from seeds or transplanted, but both methods require a lot of space.
Benefits/Uses of Red Long Okra
Vitamin C, vitamin A, folacin, and other B vitamins and magnesium, potassium, and calcium are all long red okra. It contains no fat, no saturated fat, no cholesterol, and is minimal in calories. Okra is a good source of dietary fiber, including more than five grams every three and a half ounce serving. This vegetable provides an additional source of folate, which is excellent for pregnant women.
Specifications of Red Long Okra Seeds
Red Long Okra, Bhindi, Ladys finger, Gumbo
Full sun of at least 6 hrs a day.
Can survive in arid environments. Watering, on the other hand, may be substantial during prolonged dry seasons. It must maintain an equal moisture level throughout the growing season.
22 to 35 degree Celcius
70-90 degrees F, well drained,
Add compost and all-purpose fertilizer before planting
No. of seeds
Planting and Care for Red Long Okra
Sowing Red Long Okra Seeds
- Pick a grow bag of your choice that features adequate drainage holes on the bottom.
- Fill the grow bag halfway with the appropriate potting layers and growing medium.
- Two seeds should be sown in the center of a pot.
- Plant two seeds per location in raised beds with a spacing of 2 × 2 ft.
- With your fingers, gently press the seeds into the soil medium and completely cover them with the surrounding dirt.
- Immediately moisten the sowed seedbed with a light shower from a watering can.
- Okra should be planted about 1/2 to 1 inch thick and 12 to 18 inches apart on healthy, well-drained soil in full sunshine. You can soak the seeds in tepid water overnight to aid with germination.
Growing Red Long Okra
- Within the first 6-8 days, seeds will germinate, and tiny shoots will appear.
- In the second week of germination, the first two leaves will appear. These are cotyledons or fake leaves.
- At the end of the second week, the first leaves will emerge above the cotyledons.
- From the second week on, seedlings will begin to develop into little plants.
- After the second week, just one healthy seedling should be left in one location; weak, small, and trailing seedlings should be removed with a pair of scissors.
Harvesting Red Long Okra
The Red Long Okra plant will begin flowering in the second month; raw okra pods can be picked after 40-50 days of seed sowing, and the harvesting season will last for the next three months. Pods can be cut from the plant using a sharp knife or snapped from the plant. When plants reach a height of roughly 6', they produce pods that can reach a height of 6". Harvest these pods between 5 and 6 inches in length, as mature pods are harsher and less delicate. They should be collected every few days to encourage pod growth.
Precautions while growing Red Long Okra
- Eliminate weeds while the plants are still young and then densely mulch to prevent the growth of other weeds.
- Apply a 4- to 8-inch layer of mulch. Additionally, you should apply a side dressing of old manure or rich compost to the plants.
- Additionally, you could use a balanced liquid fertilizer every month.
- When the seedlings reach about 3 inches in height, thin them to a spacing of 10 to 18 inches.
- Maintain adequate irrigation throughout the summer months; 1 inch of water per week is optimal, but more is necessary if you live in a hot, arid environment.
- Remove the lowest leaves following the initial harvest to aid in output.
- Red okra does not appreciate its roots being disturbed.
Common Problems affecting Red Long Okra Plants and Solutions
Always look for any early signs of any insect/fungal/ any other problems. Use appropriate medicines as soon as any symptoms of such are spotted.
Silver leaf whitefly, Heliothis, stink bugs, rough bollworm, looper caterpillars, and green vegetable bugs are just a few of the numerous insect pests that can target Red Okra plants. Aphids and mites are also known to attack Red Okra crops. Aphids may be coated with soap spray or washed away with a constant stream of water. Stink bugs are more challenging to eradicate. These can be hand-selected and disposed of. It is recommended that biopesticides be used. Without picking the pods/fruits on time and allowing them to mature on the vine, flowering and subsequent development would be reduced. Branch thinning or branch removal may be required to keep the plant from growing too densely.
Leaf spot is a fungal infection—resistant plant variety. Crop rotation is essential. Maintain a garden devoid of plant waste. Every 7 to 10 days, apply Trichoderma Viride Bio Fertilizer or Pseudomonas Fluorescens Bio Fertilizer. Soil should be well-drained—alternate crops.
Inadequate light, water stress, and an excess of nitrogen all contribute to pod formation inhibition. Plant in full sun, in compost-rich soil, and maintain an even moisture level in the soil.
Anthracnose is a fungal infection that thrives in conditions of high humidity and rainfall. Leaves can succumb to the elements and fall. The plant can wither. Plants that are contaminated should be removed and discarded. Avoid gardening in the rain, as this can result in the spread of spores. Soil should be well-drained. Every 7 to 10 days, spray Trichoderma Viride Bio Fertilizer or Pseudomonas Fluorescens Bio Fertilizer.
No. of Long Red Okra Seeds - 15
All grow bags from Seed 2 Plant have a 5 years replacement guarantee. Yes, you heard that right. We are 100% sure about the quality of our grow bags that we offer no questions asked 5 years replacement guarantee.
If one of our grow bags got damaged under normal use within a 5 years period, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and ship the damaged grow bag. We'll replace the grow bag and the shipping cost will be refunded too.
How are we sure that our grow bags will last 5 years?
- Our grow bags are made of thick 220 gsm HDPE material.
- All our grow bags are UV treated, which means even exposed to strong sun rays, will not damage the product.
- Our stitching is unmatched. We make sure that each grow bags undergoes strict QA process before being sent to you.
Updates on impact of COVID-19 on Shipping:
Since we work with limited staff and because of the lockdowns, shipping times are impacted. Our dispatch time now is 48-72 hours.
Couriers and postal services have also become unreliable and slow during these times. We do our best to get your order delivered to you in a timely manner. In case your order is stuck anywhere, please let us know. We'll contact the courier company or India Post and get the package delivered.
All orders placed will be shipped within 24 hours (except on Sundays). Orders placed before 12pm will be shipped the same day.
Shipping is free for orders above Rs.999 and Rs.69 for orders below that.
Products will be shipped via DTDC, reputed couriers or India Post and will be delivered within 5-7 business days.
COD is available PAN India. Rs.50 extra COD charge will apply.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
germination is good. I was only worried about this is a new site and whether I will get red okra.Clearly seeds that have germinated are red okra.Good seeds.Well done
Expensive but almost 80% germinated.
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.